Overview of Seafield Center
Seafield Center is a drug and alcohol rehab center that has been offering its services to Long Island, New York since 1985. Till now, it has helped over 30,000 people change their lives from addiction to recovery. The center offers inpatient detox, outpatient and inpatient residential treatment programs for adolescents and adults. All treatments and therapies are individualized for each patient. The basis of all treatment at Seafield are the principles and traditions of AA and NA. Seafield offers an integrated Clinical and Medical Model through which treatment of alcoholism and other chemical dependencies are carried out. Seafield also offers Sober Living Recovery Housing for people having completed their treatment at Seafield or any other rehab center. It offers additional support for these people by helping them stay on the road to recovery and prevent relapses. Clients can stay in this housing unit for up to 6 months to achieve lasting recovery. Seafield employs a multidisciplinary staff that works together to assist patients in treatment and recovery. These staff members comprise of highly educated, trained and licensed Psychiatrists, Counselors, Social Workers, Physicians, Registered Nurses, and more. At Seafield, the patients are provided hope, healing, and transformation so that they can reach their goals in a healthy and happy life.
Housing and Food at Seafield
Seafield Center is located on 6 acres of beautiful land in Westhampton Beach, New York. The center’s buildings are surrounded by manicured and lush green lawns with a huge variety of beautiful flowers. The facility provides a serene and peaceful environment for patients to heal and recover. The center is a 100-bed facility where 2 patients share a room. The rooms are furnished with single beds, side tables, lamps and personal working space for each patient. There is a common room furnished with sofas and comfortable chairs. Options for recreational activities are also provided for residents. Indoor activities include a game room that has a table tennis and snooker table. There is also an indoor gym equipped with the latest gym equipment for residents to exercise and improve their physical fitness. Outdoor recreational activities include walks in the beautiful grounds and a volleyball court. Residents are also offered yoga classes and acupuncture sessions as part of therapy. Seafield has in-house chefs who prepare delicious and nutritious meals for residents with guidance from a registered in-house dietitian. Meals are served and eaten in a cafeteria. The cafeteria also has a salad bar with a variety of freshly prepared salad options at all times of the day.
The different treatment options available at Seafield Center are:
- Inpatient Detox
- Inpatient Residential Treatment
- Outpatient Programs
- Sober Living Recovery Housing
At Seafield Center, following substances’ abuse is treated:
- Prescription Drugs
- Illegal Drugs
Therapies at Seafield Center
Seafield offers the following therapies to its clients:
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- 12-Step Meetings
- Recreation Therapy
- Spiritual Guidance
- Nutritional Counseling
- Individualized Special Needs Group
- Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT)
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy
The mission of Seafield Center is to make treatment services against alcoholism, substance abuse, and dual diagnosis disorders affordable and accessible for all. For this reason, the facility works with most insurance companies and accepts their plans as payment for the cost of treatment. If someone does not have insurance or their insurance does not cover the treatment costs, then the center has reasonable and scaling self-pay rates for such individuals. The bottom line at Seafield regarding payment options is to try to work with an individual’s insurance company to devise the best possible insurance coverage.
Licenses and Accreditations of Seafield Center, Inc.
Seafield Center has the following accreditations and licenses:
- The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- License by the New York State Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services
Seafield Center Advantages
Seafield Center, Inc. has been providing high quality and comprehensive services against alcoholism, substance abuse, and co-occurring disorders since 1985. It has extensive experience in delivering the highest standards of care to adolescents and adults. The facility offers a safe, private and peaceful environment for residents who wish to seek a better life free from addiction. The goal at Seafield Center is to provide hope, healing, and transformation to not only patients but their families as well. All patients and their families are treated with dignity, respect, and compassion during the recovery process. The staff comprises a multi-disciplinary team of licensed and trained professionals who excel in their jobs of providing a complete continuum of care to clients. The center offers outpatient programs, inpatient detox, and inpatient rehab to help patients get rid of the disease of addiction.
Staff at Seafield Center
The staff at Seafield Center comprises of qualified and trained healthcare professionals who specialize in the field of addiction treatment. Almost all the staff is licensed or registered practitioners who excel in their respective fields. The staff comprises of the following members:
- Psychiatrists who are certified by the American Society of Addiction Medicine provide psychiatric evaluations and treatment to clients.
- Physicians Medical Doctors whose responsibilities include monitoring the detox process.
- CASACs Certified Addiction Counselors who offer individual, group and family counseling to clients and their families.
- LMSWs Licensed Master’s level Social Workers and LCSWs Licensed Clinical Social Workers offer support and counseling to clients to help them during recovery.
- Nursing Staff which comprises RNs Registered Nurses, LPNs Licensed Practical Nurses and NPs Nurse Practitioners provide round the clock nursing services to patients.
- Certified Dietician is responsible for creating nutritious and healthy diet plans for clients keeping in view special dietary restrictions of patients.
- Acupuncturist carries out sessions of acupuncture of patients according to the treatment plan created for them.
- Spiritual Counselors offer spiritual guidance and support to any patient who wishes to explore his/her spirituality as part of the healing and recovery process.