Amerigroup Drug Rehab Insurance & Substance Abuse Coverage
Important InformationThis information is for educational purposes only. We never invite or suggest the use, production or purchase of any these substances. Addiction Resource and it’s employees, officers, managers, agents, authors, editors, producers, and contributors shall have no direct or indirect liability, obligation, or responsibility to any person or entity for any loss, damage, or adverse consequences alleged to have happened as a consequence of material on this website. See full text of disclaimer.
Amerigroup insurance is a company that helps low-income and other in-need individuals access government healthcare plans and supplement them with additional coverage when needed. Many individuals rely on Amerigroup health insurance to access drug rehab and therapies for substance abuse. It is important that anyone covered by the company understands Amerigroup coverage for drug rehab.
Learn About Amerigroup Drug Rehab Insurance Coverage:
Amerigroup Coverage For Mental Health Disorders
Does Amerigroup Insurance Cover Drug Rehab?
Amerigroup insurance does offer coverage for mental health treatments, including those for alcohol and drug addiction. In fact, Amerigroup health insurance is unusual in that, it actually offers plans strictly for mental health coverage. The Behavioral Health Services Only (BHSO) plan allows users to take out a policy that covers behavioral health and substance abuse disorder treatment. It also gives the insured access to their behavioral health crisis line. There are no copays or coinsurance, and people with the plan do not need to see a primary care provider to get a referral. Substance abuse coverage is valid with any provider in their network, and patients only need to show their Amerigroup insurance card before treatment.
How Can One Enroll In Amerigroup Drug Rehab Plan?
Anyone interested can enroll in an Amerivantage plan, which covers behavioral health, including treatment in a drug rehabilitation facility, as well as other aspects of health insurance. Applications can be completed over the phone, online, or by mail. Enrollment is only open at certain times of the year, so interested parties should check in advance to see if the application process is open.
Apple Health Fee-For-Service Program: Covered Services
Amerigroup drug rehab coverage policies across their plans extend to cover substance abuse treatment. Anyone with a policy through the company will have access to detoxification, inpatient rehab, and outpatient rehab as long as they meet the criteria for treatment at a given drug facility. Within the umbrellas of detoxification and rehab, many substance abuse services are covered, including:
- Medically assisted detox
- Intensive family intervention
- Substance abuse screenings
- Inpatient treatment
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Dual-diagnosis programs
- Outpatient detox
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- Outpatient treatment
How To Get Amerigroup Coverage For Drug Rehab
The process of getting Amerigroup insurance coverage varies based on state, what public insurance a person has, and what policies they want to take out.
If one is qualified, they can then apply for Amerigroup coverage for drug rehab. This is done online, over the phone, or at a kiosk at any DHS office in the state of Tennessee. If approved, the insured individual will receive a letter in the mail. The letter will explain how the plan can be changed if it is not already through Amerigroup.
People who do not have TennCare can still take out an Amerigroup policy. They will need to speak directly with a representative to determine how.
How To Use Amerigroup Coverage For Drug Rehab
Once someone has their Amerigroup insurance verification, they are ready to use their policy. How to use the policy will often depend on the rules and regulations of the state coverage being backed by Amerigroup.
What Documents Should Be Given To A PCP?
In most cases, an insured is required to have a primary care provider (PCP) who will be responsible for giving referrals for other services, including Amerigroup drug rehab. Anytime the insured sees a doctor, they need to bring their Services Card and health plan ID card with them. Other documents may be requested as well.
How To Reach Rehab Providers
- If someone needs emergency services, they should call 911 and be taken to the nearest emergency room.
- For urgent care, Amerigroup offers coverage throughout the country, and users simply need to locate a facility near them.
- For non-emergency coverage outside of the state where the insured resides or after-hours treatment, they should call the office of their primary care provider to receive instructions.
How Soon Does One Need To See A Healthcare Provider?
The timelines for seeing a patient will depend on the type of care needed:
- Emergency care is rendered as soon as the patient makes it to the hospital, based on the urgency of the case–in other words, they will be treated the same day but might be required to wait in line.
- Urgent care is rendered within 48 hours, while routine care takes place within 10 days.
- Preventative care is done within 30 days.
What Providers Are Covered?
- Amerigroup Coverage is restricted to doctors that are explicitly covered by the plan, with urgent care centers being an exception.
- Hospitals that are covered will be determined based on where the primary care doctor has permissions.
- Pharmacies used must be in-network. The same applies to Amerigroup rehab coverage.
Are Prescription Drugs & Medical Equipment Covered?
Prescription medication coverage is restricted to drugs that are on the approved list. The patient must have a documented medical need for the medication. Medical equipment is also covered, but again, the patient must have a documented medical need for Amerigroup coverage to kick in.
Verify Amerigroup Rehab Insurance And Start Treatment
If someone has Amerigroup drug rehab insurance coverage and is battling a substance use disorder, treatment is within reach. Amerigroup drug rehab coverage ensures that users can get clean and live a better life. Contact the company to verify coverage and begin treatment.
- STAR+PLUSP ROGRAM FOR NURSING FACILITY RESIDENTS: MEMBER HANDBOOK. Amerigroup. 2015. https://providers.amerigroup.com/Public%20Documents/TXTX_NFMemberHandbook.pdf.
- How to Enroll. Amerigroup. 2019. https://www.myamerigroup.com/tn/benefits/how-to-enroll.html.
- Behavioral Health Services Only (BHSO). Amerigroup. https://www.myamerigroup.com/wa/benefits/behavioral-health-services-only.html.
- Division of TennCare. https://www.tn.gov/tenncare/.
- Drug Rehab Insurance Coverage
- Aetna Coverage
- Amerigroup Coverage
- Anthem Coverage
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Coverage
- Kaiser Permanente Coverage
- State Farm Coverage
- Humana Coverage
- United Healthcare Coverage
- Kemper Coverage
- Providence Health Plan Coverage
- Small Insurance Providers
- Medicare Coverage
- Medicaid Coverage
Where do calls go
Calls to our general hotline may be answered by private treatment providers.