Michael Espelin, APRN, MSN, PMHNP-BC is a graduate of the University of Saint Joseph’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program in West Hartford, CT. He trained as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) with a focus on assessing, diagnosing, and treating mental health and substance misuse/addiction disorders. He received his Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Central Connecticut State University.
8 years of nursing experience in wide variety of behavioral and addition settings that include adult inpatient and outpatient mental health services with substance use disorders, and geriatric long-term care and hospice care. He has a particular interest in psychopharmacology, nutritional psychiatry, and alternative treatment options involving particular vitamins, dietary supplements, and administering auricular acupuncture.
His Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) experience includes psychotropic medication management, psychotherapy, substance use/addiction medicine and alternative treatment options out of his own private practice in New Haven, CT where he sees patients. At Central Connecticut State University, he currently teaches clinical to undergraduate nursing students.
Organizations & Affiliations:
- Member of the Sigma Theta Tau | International Honor Society of Nursing | Iota Upsilon at-Large Chapter
- Member of the Connecticut Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Society (CTAPRNS)
- Institute of Living, a division of Hartford Hospital, inpatient psychiatry
- Central Connecticut State University Nursing Department Adjunct Faculty
- National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (NADA)
Licenses & Certifications
- Board Certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC)
- Licensed Registered Nurse | CT | 127425
- Licensed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse | CT | 7939
- Controlled Substance Registration | CT | 69825
- Drug Enforcement Administration Number | ME5036985
- National Provider Identifier | 1790253995
- Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist | 14473