Even so, inserting the drugs in the anus is a medically viable way for taking many drugs. They include aspirin, glycerin, laxatives etc.
Individuals with an addiction to opiates, cocaine, MDMA, Adderall, and MDMA often use the rectal route to get high. You can also call rectal drug use booty bumping.
How to Plug Drugs?
The choice of the plugging method depends on the physical characteristics of the drug substance. This includes water solubility, available formulations of the drug and desired intensity of high. For an intense high, the enema is the best while plugging the pill is the most convenient method. However, it offers a less intense high.
Before plugging, they make sure the required plugging materials are available:
- A syringe without a needle: They use a disposable oral syringe to insert the drug solution into the anus. In order to avoid infections, they often use disposable syringes.
- Glass container: They prepare the solution of the drug in a glass container.
- Lubricant: Lubricants facilitate the insertion of the syringe into the anus thereby decreasing the risk of local injuries.
- Water or any other suitable solvent: The choice of the solvent depends on whether the drug is water-soluble or fat-soluble. For water-soluble drugs such as MDMA, amphetamine, and opiates, they use water to dissolve. When using fat-soluble drugs such as DMT, they use a non-polar solvent like propylene glycol.
Hope Without Commitment
Find the best treatment options.Call our free and confidential helpline
Methods of Plugging Drugs
The common methods of plugging drugs are:
- Pill plugging or plugging drugs without syringe: This is the simplest and the easiest way for rectal administration of a drug. That is, if it is available in the form of tablet or capsule. Nonetheless, the high sets in later and is generally unpredictable. They can simply insert the pill into the anus a few centimeters deep.
- Solution plugging: Enema is an example of solution plugging. It involves the use of the drug powder which they first dissolve in the suitable solvent. Then, they inject into the anus with the help of a syringe without the needle. To facilitate the insertion, they use lubricants. This is the most effective method of plugging drugs and offers a rapid onset of high.
- Capsule plugging: They crush the tablet into powder and place it inside capsule shells. Unlike the tablets, capsules offer a rapid dissolution and faster absorption.
Why People Prefer Plugging Drugs?
There are many reasons for the need for plugging drugs instead of injecting, snorting or taking them by mouth. Many addicts plug the drugs out of curiosity to experiment. Other may do it to avoid injection marks.
In addition to these, many addicts continue to use the rectal use because they have realized its benefits.
Advantages of Rectal Drug Use
Rectal administration of drugs offers various advantages over the oral route. An orally taken drug might take a long time to produce high. However, drug plugging can provide even a more intense high in a short time. It happens because orally taken drug has to cross various biological barriers. For example, it can be the unfavorable environment inside the gastrointestinal tract. But rectal administration skips many of these steps and provides a rapid drug high.
The drug inside the rectum reaches the bloodstream relatively faster. In addition, it also bypasses the first-pass metabolism occurring in the liver before the drug reaches the general circulation. The first-pass metabolism inactivates a certain portion of the orally taken drugs.
What Kind of Drug Is Used in Plugging?
There are a number of drugs they use by putting them in the butthole. For example, heroin plugging is one of the ways they use to get high. However, the euphoric effects by rectal administration of heroin have delayed onset. You can compare this to those by smoking, snorting or injecting into the vein.
In general, drugs which are soluble in water or other solvents are the best choice for rectal administration.
The choice of the drug they use in plugging also depends on their physical characteristics and absorption properties. For example, you would not plug a drug which has very little absorption from the colon walls.
Complications of Plugging Drugs
Plugging drugs can cause a number of complications and adverse effects in the users. The most common of all complications is the irritation of the tissues lining the interior of the colon.
Other complications that may arise due to the rectal administration of drugs include:
- Higher risk of acquiring sexually transmitted diseases and HIV/AIDS – Using dirty equipment for plugging can expose the addicts to a number of pathological microorganisms including the HIV virus. This is because the injury from the process leaves the user vulnerable to infections.
- Exacerbation of the medical conditions if they are already present at the time of plugging. This includes constipation, chronic diarrhea, and any other diseases of the rectum.
- Higher risk of a drug overdose: The high from the rectal drug use peaks and fades very quickly. In order to get a constant high, many addicts opt for plugging drugs continually. Sometimes, they don’t even know if they are having an overdose.
Want to Know More?
Do you have any queries about plugging drugs or want to know more about drugs addiction? You should talk to the experts. They can give you proper counseling and recommend the right treatment. Click here to connect with the best experts in your town.