Why Kratom Tea?
Kratom tea has been used in Southeast Asia for many centuries for medicinal purposes. Although today’s medicine is very advanced, some people prefer this natural remedy. It is less strong but also has fewer side effects than synthetic medicine, such as opioid-based painkillers. Tea is the number one option to consume Kratom. It is not only practical and enjoyable for consumption. The potent alkaloids heated in hot water are sooner released and absorbed into the bloodstream.
How to Brew Your Kratom Tea
What you will need:
- A kettle
- A strainer
- A mug
- Kratom powder
- A stove, or another source of heat
- A lemon
- Sugar, honey, stevia, cinnamon or other spices
Now follow the instructions:
- The first step is optional: you can add lemon juice (as much as you like) to the water. Use a fruit, instead of ready-made lemon juice.
- Boil the water in the kettle.
- Add kratom powder to the boiling water.
- Decrease the heat to let the substance simmer. Do that for at least 10 minutes.
- Look at the color of the tea. Is it yellow or dark orange yet? If not, simmer it a bit until it gets that color. When it does, remove the kettle from the stove (or the heat source).
- Put a strainer on the top of your mug and pour the mixture through it.
- You can throw out the mixture that is left in the filter. You can also save it for a next brew, but it will have much weaker effects.
- If you don’t fancy the taste, add some flavor to it, for example, Or you can add sugar, honey or stevia to sweeten it.
For warm summer days, you might want to make ice tea! Just put it in the fridge for about one hour and let it cool there.
Hope Without Commitment
Find the best treatment options.Call our free and confidential helpline
Why do people drink kratom tea?
People drink kratom tea to benefit from its medicinal properties. Taken in small amounts, kratom can act as a stimulant by increasing a person’s concentration, sociability, and libido. In larger amounts, kratom can act as a sedative, producing feelings of relaxation and pain reduction. Kratom tea is also used to help people detox from opiates.
Words of Caution
Figure out your dose: The ingested amount will affect how you will feel after drinking the tea. You should know your tolerance to kratom and experiment with lower doses in the beginning.
- 1 gram gives very mild effects
- 2-3 grams have mild to moderate effects
- 5 grams is the standard dosage most users. Do not start with that dose.
- 10 grams lead to intense results. That is not a dose for
- 15 grams or more: only for experienced
Tip for beginners: start with 1 gram and observe your effects. If you are satisfied, stick to this dosage. Otherwise increase your dose stepwise to learn about your body’s tolerance. The best is to raise your dosage ½ g or 1 g each subsequent brewing. That way you will avoid giving a shock to your body. And you will also have the opportunity to explore the different sensations due to different doses.
Caution: Always be sure of the provenance of your product and verify the ingredients. If you bought concentrated extract made from resin, you need to decrease your dose. If you have any doubts, ask on forums.
Do not neglect the quality nor the quantity of your powder, especially if you are a beginning user.
What Are Effects of Kratom Tea
You will start experiencing kratom effects about half an hour after starting to drink it. Here is what people usually expect of drinking kratom tea.
Positive Effects of Kratom
- Pain reduction. It can be an alternative to tough prescription pain relievers. It is especially interesting to replace opioid painkillers, which are much more addictive. People use it to relieve headaches, muscle or vascular pain, arthritic pain or even chronic pain in general.
- Relaxation. Larger doses can have a sedative or even anxiolytic effects. It relieves physical tension and calms you down.
- Sleep improvement. People with insomnia find it helpful to drink a kratom tea before going to sleep. Their minds are more at ease, and they have better chances to fall asleep. As a result, they feel fresher the next day.
- Stimulation. A small amount of kratom can replace coffee. Some people with high blood pressure like to take it as their safer morning booster, as Kratom does not increase your heart rate like coffee does.
- Concentration. Some Kratom consumers use it to enhance their focus.
- Mood enhancement. Some people prefer to drink a tea per day as an herbal alternative to antidepressants. Users that they feel uplifted and content after a small amount of powder. Larger doses might even induce euphoria.
- Sociability. Some individuals prone to anxiety in social situations report that they enjoy Kratom tea when exposed to large amounts of people. A relaxed and focus state of mind is helpful to eliminate anxiety when talking to others.
- Libido booster. Many users report an increased quality of their sexuality after drinking that plant. Even in tiny doses, Kratom enhances sensations, including arousal for over ten hours.
- Opiate detox. Some opiate addicts use Kratom to help themselves in their detox or cut down phase. Kratom contributes to relieve withdrawal symptoms of opioids, which significantly increases chances of success during detox and decreases the risk of giving in to cravings.
- Overall health. Kratom is a traditional medicinal herb in Southeast Asia in use since centuries. Some of the purposes include lowering blood pressure, control blood sugar levels, and have antibacterial and antioxidant Of course, these are limited and cannot be efficient without a change to a lifestyle
While the dosage influences the experienced intensity, the type of your kratom extract decides of the effects that you will experience. For example, you would rather have the Red Bali type to relax. On the other hand, people enjoy Sumatra or Vietnam strains for their energizing effects.
What are the side effects of using kratom?
Side effects of using kratom include:
- Dry mouth
- Blurry vision
- Upset stomach
- Difficulty focusing
- A “hangover” the next day
Side Effects of Kratom
Just like any active substance, be it medicine or drugs, herbal remedies are not coming without adverse side effects. It depends on the amount and the type of plant that you use. Especially a too high dose can lead to unpleasant sensations such as these:
- Dry mouth
- Blurry vision
- A headache and dizziness
- Upset stomach
- Difficulty to focus
- A hangover the next day
If you experience that, don’t worry and follow these steps:
- Drink water with squeezed lemons. Evenly distribute 2-3 liters per day.
- Stop using other depressants or stimulants (alcohol, coffee, cigarettes) until your symptoms fade.
- Have a good long sleep.
- Stop using Kratom for up to a week.
How much kratom is considered to be a “normal” dose?
A dose of 5 grams is considered to be a “normal” dose of kratom. However, beginning users should start with a lower dose. One gram will produce very mild effects, whereas 2-3 grams produces mild to moderate effects. Ingesting 10 grams of kratom can lead to intense results. Doses of 15 grams are only for experienced users.
Where Can I Buy Kratom Tea
Kratom is considered as unregulated alternative medicine and is therefore not on sale in pharmacies or drug stores.
Local Head Shop
These somewhat controversial stores sell pipes, music and various kinds of supplements. Because the products they sell are often not regulated, police officers regularly investigate them. Kratom is also being sold in these stores and therefore gets often stigmatized or even confiscated. For these reasons, Kratom is hard to find there. It comes either in hidden packages, where it is one of many ingredients of unspecified mixtures. You never know what is inside, and ingredients could be toxic. So the quality is questionable, and it usually comes at a very high price.
Can I find It in Herb Stores?
That is not very likely. Kratom is not a mainstream product and still has a rather negative reputation. It is not as easily available as other vitamin pills or groceries. For that reason, stores that specialize in vitamins and herbs often don’t take the risk to sell Kratom. Often the reason is simply not to get in trouble with law enforcement. It makes sense not to take the risk for one product to use a license.
Probably the way to purchase Kratom is online. Join an online community of Kratom users to obtain as much information as possible. You can find a (non-exhaustive) directory of popular Kratom vendors at Kratommaps.com. But before buying anything, make sure you read reviews and discussed on forums.
Under the condition of being very careful and staying well informed, Kratom tea I usually considered as relatively safe. That is why it is a preferred alternative to a variety of potent substances that would lead to dangerous side effects.