Table of Contents
Opana High Overview
Opana high is a state of euphoria and feelings of relaxation. A user gets these pleasurable sensations once the drug, opana, reaches their brain. It makes them feel better about themself. In addition, they also seem to get a temporary relief from the stress. This is similar to the effects of other opiates and many illicit drugs.
Abusing this medication is a law violation that can lead to incarceration. Do not use this drug unless prescribed by doctor.
Opana is the brand of a powerful pain medication. It is available only from a doctor’s prescription. The active ingredient is Oxymorphone. As a matter of fact, Oxymorphone is an opiate painkiller that treats moderate to severe pain. Doctors prescribe it in the cases when other medications fail to provide any relief. A person can can take it as pills or use an injection as per their recommendation.
It works on the CNS. Therefore, it modifies how the brain processes the pain signals.
Opana Recreational Dosage
The normal dose of Opana ranges from 10mg to 20mg. A patient should take this dose every 4 to 6 hours depending on the severity of the pain. In some patients, this dose may be enough to produce high. Nevertheless, this is not a general rule.
What is of paramount importance is the method a person uses to take it. If the individual injects it, even a small dose may cause high.
Many of the users take more than one drug at a time to get an intense high. This dangerous practice poses a greater health threat. In a similar manner, using Opana with alcohol, Benzos or any other drug amplifies the risks in a very big way. Additionally, it also boosts the likelihood of an overdose.
Signs Of Opana High
The signs of Opana high correlate with the amount that reaches the brain. Putting it simply, a greater brain availability means a more intense high. Users of opana may experience:
- Slowed breathing
- Unnatural behavior indicating a euphoric state or false sense of well-being
- Problems with balance or coordination
- Falling tendencies
- Risk-taking behaviors such as reckless driving
Opana High: Know The Dangers
The dangers of Opana high extend beyond the health effects. It can ruin the abusers relations, tarnish their image or even cause death. Get to know about these before they decide to trip on it.
- Serious health effects: The US FDA has warned that abusing it can lead to a serious blood disorder. They call it thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Notably, it affects the kidneys. If the patient does not get some immediate medical attention, it may lead to death. Other effects include severe respiratory depression, very low blood pressure, and unresponsiveness.
- Death due to overdose: When an individual is on a high, their judgment and decision-making abilities dip. For this reason, there is every chance that they may end up overdosing on it. Death from an overdose may occur due to a marked reduction in respiration.
- Death due to reasons other than an overdose: These may include violent crashes or traffic accidents.
- Declining performance or loss of a job: It may be a problem when one needs an Opana high regularly to feel normal. Therefore, users should understand that they have now fallen into its addiction. As a result, their academic or job performance will surely suffer. It is because they are constantly under an altered state of consciousness.
- Legal problems: Abusing it is a crime according to the law. Moreover, involvement in criminal activities can be invariably high. This is when the abuser under the influence of a trip. It carries a very high risk of abuse and addiction. For this reason, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) categorizes it under schedule II.
- Social issues: Our society views addiction as a social problem. In fact, they forget that it is also a health problem. For them, the results are due to some bad habits or bad company. As a result, the addicts face problems with social isolation, rejection, and stigmatization. Unfortunately, the woes for them do not end here. Their family members also become a part of the ill-treatment.
What One Can Do To Stay Safe?
The best way a person can avoid Opana high is to use it properly according to the instructions. Moreover, individuals should also note any abnormal signs in their loved ones.
These addiction centers have a qualified team. They dedicate themselves to providing patients all kinds of necessary services. This way, it will help them get back to normal life. The team comprises of well trained and qualified professionals. These include physicians, counselors, psychologists, psychiatrists and auxiliary health care professionals. They all work together to design addiction treatment plans. These will be specific to the unique needs.
- Shanna Babalonis, Michelle R. Lofwall, Paul A. Nuzzo, Sharon L. Walsh. Pharmacodynamic effects of oral oxymorphone: Abuse liability, analgesic profile and direct physiological effects in humans. Addict Biol. 2016 Jan; 21(1): 146–158. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4383736/
- Katherine L. Boyle, Christopher D. Rosenbaum. Oxymorphone Insufflation Associated with Acute Sensorineural Hearing Loss: Case Files of the University of Massachusetts Medical Toxicology Fellowship. J Med Toxicol. 2013 Jun; 9(2): 179–183. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3657028/
- Caitlin Conrad, Heather M. Bradley, Dita Broz, et al. Community Outbreak of HIV Infection Linked to Injection Drug Use of Oxymorphone — Indiana, 2015. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015 May 1; 64(16): 443–444. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4584812/