Spice Addiction Treatment: Getting K2 Help From A Treatment Facility
Important InformationThis information is for educational purposes only. We never invite or suggest the use, production or purchase of any these substances. Addiction Resource and it’s employees, officers, managers, agents, authors, editors, producers, and contributors shall have no direct or indirect liability, obligation, or responsibility to any person or entity for any loss, damage, or adverse consequences alleged to have happened as a consequence of material on this website. See full text of disclaimer.
Spice addiction is at rapid growth, and as such, there are more spice addiction rehabs to tackle the upsurge of this problem. More individuals are seeking the K2 help that they need from standard rehab facilities all over the U.S and globally. Spice treatment was spawned from the increasing addiction to the synthetic cannabinoid, sold as natural herbs. Rehab facilities are witnessing a breakout in the number of teens addicted to spices due to its abuse as a supposed alternative to marijuana. Spice addiction treatment facilities cater to individuals that are dependent on spice by providing tailored services to suit the needs of the individual. Inpatient and outpatient options are available and can stretch through an extensive period depending on the physical and mental condition of the patient.
Table Of Contents:
- What Are Spice Addiction Treatment Stages?
- How Long Does Spice Rehabilitation Process Last?
- How To Choose A Rehabilitation Facility For Spice And K2 Abuse?
Spice Addiction Treatment
There are many facilities today that provide spice addiction support to addicts in three stages. These stages of treatment include detox process, therapy, and aftercare programs. Each phase is essential for complete healing and requires the complete dedication to the course.
Spice Detox process
Spice addiction is unpredictable, and the substance contains a lot of toxic ingredients that make K2 even more harmful than marijuana. To effectively detoxify the body, it is imperative to note that the toxins build up in the body and strongly affects the CNS in a way that the abuser develops a level of dependency on the active ingredients. The mainline of K2 treatment is intense detoxification. To rid the body of the residues of the spice K2 detox process can last for several days. The patient may experience some unpleasant withdrawal symptoms during this period. The symptoms eventually fade after spice will be removed from the system.
Therapies For Spice Addiction
The next stage of spice treatment is professional counseling. This process helps to build general health through educational and recreational activities. It also exposes possible mental issues and emotional inconsistencies that may be lingering.
This stage also may involve:
- medication management,
- cognitive behavioral therapy,
- peer bonding.
These options are dedicated to further elimination of dependencies to synthetic marijuana.
The transitioning from addiction to a healthy life is best piloted through spice addiction support programs. It comprises of constant supervision, medication management, and personal counseling to eliminate vulnerabilities and to prevent relapse, enabling the patient to maintain a sober lifestyle.
A standard K2 spice center may offer the following treatment programs:
- 12-step treatment programs,
- Non-12 step treatment program,
- Faith-based programs,
- Holistic programs,
- Spiritual meetings.
Spice Addiction Treatment For Teens
Teenagers are the most vulnerable to spice addictions, and many rehabs are specifically open for teens. Some parents may not be so keen on opting for adult rehabs for their teens.
There are teen rehabs that treat young persons that are addicted to Kush. Teen rehabs are most appropriate for young adults as they get to socialize with their peers and receive the right kind of emotional, physiological, and intellectual care that they need. Since teens are usually less severely addicted than much older people, K2 treatment is often less strenuous.
How Long Does The Rehabilitation Process Last?
There are various programs lined up, depending on the severity of the addiction. Some individuals may complete their plans more than once through extended programs. These arrangements are applicable for both inpatients and outpatients.
Here are some options:
- 28 to 30 day-treatment program
- 60-day treatment program
- 90-day treatment program
- Extended (90+ days) rehab program
For inpatients, these periods will be spent in a well-equipped facility where patients can be monitored and catered for on a 24-hour watch. During this time the patient will receive tailored treatment with constant supervision, monitoring, and testing to understand the nature of the addiction better, and to implement more effective spice treatment plans, as well as to prepare the patient for a stable and committed lifestyle of sobriety. Outpatients have the option of receiving treatment at the facility on scheduled periods and returning to their own homes.
Choosing A Treatment Facility For Spice And K2 Abuse
There are so many factors to consider when selecting the right spice treatment facility. Some of these factors are:
- Treatment methods: Treatment techniques should be evidence-based, comprehensive, and should have a reasonable success rate. The model for spice addiction treatment must follow recognized standards and may cover emotional motivation, cognitive behavioral therapy, medication-assisted treatment, contingency management, and others.
- Payment method: Depending on the method of payment preferred it is necessary to confirm what methods of payments are accepted. Some popular modes of payment include:
- Credit cards
- Financial aid and grants
- Payment plan
- Cost: the cost of spice rehabs vary, and this depends mostly on the standards of the facility. Some facilities may be better equipped or strategically located with better standards of living, and this weighs on the total cost of the spice treatment program. For inpatients, the price per day might fall within the range of $400 -$900.
- Proximity: Nearness to home is usually favorable when trying to choose a K2 treatment facility. This is particularly applicable to outpatients who do not need to live in the facility. One should consider the most convenient location to reduce the stress of commuting.
- Duration: There are scheduled programs which one could choose from, depending on the peculiarities of addiction. Extended treatment is always available for individuals that are yet to show signs of complete healing.
- Staff credibility: staff of the facility is expected to have reasonable experience in handling diverse patients with spice addiction, especially those from various cultural backgrounds. They are expected to be medical professionals with the expertise to function independently and the ability to handle peculiar situations. This ensures that one addicted to kush is in good hands, especially for those running an inpatient program.
- Standards: Some individuals may prefer high standards of living in the best environment possible, a scenic view, lots of exotic interiors as well as world-class cuisine. There are a good number of luxury spice rehabs to pick from as well.
- Aftercare programs: after the duration of the program has elapsed an aftercare program, which is more of a follow-up management program, will ensure that the individual has the necessary spice addiction support in order to integrate into the healthy daily life and routine seamlessly. This program helps to maintain sobriety and provides counseling on a better way of living.
- Specific Needs: before choosing a facility it may be necessary to know if the rehab is suited to one’s needs, especially if one is a veteran, elderly, gender-specific, or belongs to the LGBTQ community. A facility that caters to these specific needs would likely expedite the healing process.
- Faith-based: there are many advantages in choosing a faith-based rehab facility. Treatment is often wholly or partly sponsored by the institution. The facility incorporates faith and spiritual beliefs in the healing, therapies, and in the daily routine.
- Nationel Institute On Drug Abuse, Synthetic Cannabinoids (K2/Spice), https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/synthetic-cannabinoids-k2spice
- U.S. National Library of Medicine, Synthetic Cannabinoids, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK424847/table/appd.t21/
Where do calls go
Calls to our general hotline may be answered by Niznik Behavioral Health or other private treatment providers.