The pain of benzodiazepine addiction spreads beyond the body and mind. In fact, the addiction is so severe that it affects many areas of life. These include relationships, financial condition, and in extreme cases, life itself. That said, one needs to treat it as early as possible.
Before one decides to go for it, it is important to understand how they work. Also, learn what services they provide. Such a proactive approach goes a long way in ensuring a patient gets the right treatment. Also, it will boost the chances of a complete recovery. After all, one would want to come out and stay clean forever.
Table of Contents
Benzodiazepine Rehab Centers
Benzodiazepine rehab centers are specialized treatment facilities. They provide holistic care to address all the issues they face due to the addiction. They aim to remove every last molecule of the drug out of the body. Both inpatient and outpatient services are available. It depends on the addiction severity and rate of improvement.
Benzodiazepine rehab is a long-term process. The first phase is called benzodiazepine withdrawal period. During this time, addicts have very unpleasant symptoms. Some of them may be severe. Failure to get a prompt treatment may lead to negative results.
Then starts a new phase which is equally difficult to handle for both the addicts and their caretakers. This step is bringing them back to society. In fact, the ultimate aim of any treatment program is to ease their comeback into the public.
Benzodiazepine Rehab Center Services
There are two types of services in the benzodiazepine rehab centers. They are inpatient services and outpatient services. One can enroll in many different benzodiazepine rehab programs.
Inpatient services are for those who have a very severe addiction. In fact, they need to stay in a controlled environment for the entire treatment period. Most notably, they may require emergency or supportive care at any time owing to the seriousness of the symptoms in these patients.
Addicts with a mild addiction may need an outpatient facility. In general, they can manage the withdrawal symptoms without requiring specialized treatments. These include some prescriptions or OTC medications. Also, their tendency to relapse or develop dangerous complications is low. For these reasons, they do not need a 24-hour monitoring.
Why To Look For Treatment At a Benzodiazepine Rehab Center?
Benzodiazepine addiction is a very severe health problem. The complications can be fatal. Seizures, for example, may be fatal. In the same way, many of the withdrawal symptoms are so severe that only a professional can provide relief. These may include severe sleep problems, anxiety attacks, or psychosis. For these reasons, treatment at a benzodiazepine rehab center is critical.
Duration Of Benzodiazepine Rehab Center Programs
In a typical case, it is 28 days. Some may need to stay as long as six months or even a year. Many factors determine the duration of benzodiazepine rehab programs. For example, the degree of addiction and response to the treatments.
Cost of The Benzodiazepine Rehab Programs
The cost of treatment at a benzodiazepine center can vary. It depends on the type of the treatment needed and the facilities used.
A patient should talk about it with an expert beforehand. Also, learn if insurance covers the entire or part of the expenses.
Steps of a Benzodiazepine Rehab Program
Well, the type of the program for one person may be different from that for another person. It is because each case is unique.
The benzodiazepine rehab programs have the following steps.
- The first step is an evaluation of condition. Professionals assess the situation so that they can plan an effective treatment strategy. The standard tests include physical examination and assessment of personal and addiction history. In all cases, they will also test if a patient has any mental illness which helps them determine the severity of the addiction.
- Benzodiazepine Detox: This is the step where the actual treatment starts. They aim to remove every last bit of benzo during this step. For this, they may gradually reduce the dose. In the meantime, they also provide auxiliary treatments. If one develops very severe symptoms of withdrawal, the medication involvement is needed. They call it medical Benzodiazepine detox.
- The main course of therapy: This is a longstanding part of the treatment. It involves continuous care, both physical and psychological. At the same time, counselors also teach different coping skills and life skills. It includes education, psychological consultation, and behavioral therapies. In some cases, they may ask family members to sit in on sessions with a patient.
- Follow-up care: It starts once the main course of therapy is complete, which is also a long-term treatment involving routine checkups. Follow-up care helps prevent a relapse. Coming back to the public after an addiction is not easy. In fact, one may not be able to adjust to the new environment. So, they teach ways to cope with the stress and adapt better to society. In case a patient’s condition worsens, one may need to start the treatment again.
Benzodiazepine Addiction Recovery
Treating addiction is not easy, and the chances of benzodiazepine relapse are high. To make things worse, any attempt to address the addiction on own may turn into a nightmare. Many of the benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms are life-threatening. Patients should always find professional help at a benzodiazepine rehab center.
Talk to the experts to know about Benzodiazepine Rehab Centers nearby. Click here for more.
- Jonathan Brett, Murnion. Management of benzodiazepine misuse and dependence. Aust Prescr. 2015. 152–155. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4657308/
- Vorma H, Naukkarinen H, Sarna S, Kuoppasalmi K. Long-term outcome after benzodiazepine withdrawal treatment in subjects with complicated dependence. Drug Alcohol Depend 2003. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12757968