The Oaks of La Paloma is addiction treatment center that provides comprehensive care for struggling addicts and individuals with co-occurring disorders. The facility is located on a large property in Memphis, Tennesee.
The inpatient facility has the capacity to accommodate 71 residents. Male and female clients are separated by gender-specific floors. Bedrooms and bathrooms are shared by two patients. During their free time, residents are allowed to watch TV and use phones.
Meals are prepared on-site by a professional chef and served buffet-style.
The Oaks at La Paloma: Treatments, Programs, and Staff
The treatment program in The Oaks at La Paloma is an alternative to the traditional 12-step based approach. Every client receives a unique set of services according to their personal needs.
The first step towards recovery is medically supervised detox that usually lasts between three to seven days.
After the detox phase is completed, a patient is being transferred to the residential treatment. According to the initial evaluation, a highly individualized treatment plan is being created.
The treatment is based on two individual counseling sessions a week and several hours of group meetings. Also, recreational activities and meditation are included in a weekly schedule.
Every week different topics such as triggers, codependency, nutrition, or family relationships are addressed.
The outpatient program includes 3-hour therapy sessions every day except on weekends.
Treatment is based on individual and group counseling, as well as family counseling once a week.
Some of the additional therapy options include:
- Music therapy—within this program, patients are encouraged to play instruments, sing, or even produce their own songs.
- Intensive family program—includes education regarding addiction and therapy sessions about the role of each family member in the family system and the recovery process of their loved-one.
- Life-changing program which is actually alumni service designed to provide peer support for recovering addicts
- Aftercare provides support and helps clients apply learned skills
- Trauma recovery program aims to help clients overcome a traumatic event from the past that might be the core of the addiction problems
Treatment modalities that are used in The Oaks at La Paloma are:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy skills
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Facilities and Extras
Clients can exercise at the gym or practice yoga. Also, serene hiking paths are available on-site. Residents can also express themselves through painting, drawing, and collaging in the art therapy area.
The center also offers holistic services such as hypnotherapy, muscle relaxation, and EMDR.
On weekends clients can enjoy outings to the local community.
Although The Oaks at La Paloma is not based on 12-step philosophy, residents can attend AA or NA meetings. Additionally, as an alternative, the center offers SMART recovery that focuses on self-empowerment.
Equine therapy helps clients spend some quality time outside and connect with an animal.
For additional services such as massage and acupuncture, extra fee will be charged.
Rules and Regulations
No technology other than telephone and TV in a common area is allowed in The Oaks at La Paloma. Caffeine and sugar can be consumed in small amounts.
The cost of a 30-day stay at the center is $27,600.
The Oaks at La Paloma is addiction treatment center that provides inpatient, outpatient, and detox services for men and women from Memphis. Recovery program in the center includes cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, EMDR, cognitive processing therapy, and much more. Clients can also use holistic services such as meditation, yoga, acupuncture, massage, and equine therapy.