MedMark Treatment Centers Overview
Medmark Treatment Centers are a part of BayMark Health Services Company, and they provide outpatient medication-assisted treatment for opioid addiction using buprenorphine and methadone. The primary mission of MedMark is to improve the lives of patients they serve. To make that happen, they developed strong programs for high-quality patient care.
The focus is on offering resources and support that patients need while working on increasing the accessibility to treatment for patients who still need help. MedMark is available across the country with locations in multiple cities and towns in California, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, West Virginia, and Maryland. Multiple locations are the best evidence of the efficacy of treatment services provided by MedMark as these centers are trusted by thousands of patients across the United States.
MedMark Treatment Centers Housing
MedMark is an outpatient treatment center. Residential services aren’t provided so there’s no need for patients to spend a few months in a specific facility.
MedMark Treatment Centers Treatment Options
This treatment center doesn’t provide treatment to all types of addiction, and they primarily focus on opioid abuse and heroin. If a patient has another substance abuse disorder, they can help them locate the adequate treatment. Two different forms of treatment are available:
- Methadone treatment – methadone is a full agonist opioid meaning it acts similarly to other opioids by activating brain receptors. That’s why this drug is useful for prevention of many physical symptoms of opiate withdrawal. Dosing varies from one patient to another. Methadone is long-lasting compared to other opiates, usually 24 to 36 hours, meaning a single dose can sufficient for effective treatment. It’s important to mention that methadone has opioid-blocking properties, i.e. it prevents other opioids from being fully felt when given at the right dose. The most effective when combined with substance abuse counseling and other supportive services.
- Buprenorphine treatment – buprenorphine is a partial agonist that works by activating the opioid receptors in the brain, but to a lesser extent than a full agonist. The medication is long-acting which is why it may be recommended to take the drug every other day after a while rather than every day. This treatment program can decrease opioid use by 80%
The exact duration of the treatment isn’t the same for every patient. Some patients finish their treatment sooner than others. According to MedMark patients who stay in the treatment for about a year have a greater recovery success compared to those who stay in treatment less than a year. At the beginning of the program, patients must come in for the treatment every day.
Medication-assisted treatment is divided into three phases:
- Induction phase – the initial dose of medication is administered at the clinic
- Stabilization phase – reduction in cravings and side effects as the proper dose is reached
- Maintenance phase – occurs when the patient is on a steady dose of medication is able to maintain a healthy lifestyle
MedMark Treatment Centers Therapies Provided
While it may seem that MedMark focuses on medication-assisted recovery only, that’s not the case. The key to a successful recovery is a combination of therapy and other approaches. That’s why MedMark makes it clear that counseling is mandatory. In fact, counseling is both an integral part of any comprehensive treatment plan and a state regulatory requirement. Therapy sessions are solely focused on patients’ needs and are carried out by trained, knowledgeable, and licensed professionals.
Four individual counseling sessions are required on a monthly basis. Group counseling is also provided. The goal is to help patients understand why they rely on opioids and enable them to cope with stress and other problems in life in a healthier manner.
MedMark Treatment Centers Payment Options
All MedMark facilities accept cash, credit cards, and money orders. Some locations accept Medicaid and commercial insurance. In order to learn more about insurance coverage and prices of treatment services, potential patients are urged to contact the nearest MedMark facility. When you contact this organization, it’s important to describe the addiction problem and provide reliable information regarding your insurance provider so they can give you the most helpful answer to your inquiry.
MedMark Treatment Centers Licenses
MedMark has obtained impressive accreditations such as CARF and Joint Commission. The treatment facility in Georgia has a Joint Commission certificate, which is a type of accreditation that only the best facilities obtain for a high quality of service and treatment success. On the other hand, all facilities of MedMark have CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) certificate. These accreditations only confirm that MedMark is a truly reliable and trustworthy treatment center where men and women can get much-needed help and support.
MedMark Treatment Centers Amenities
Since this is an outpatient treatment center, there aren’t many amenities like those that are available for residents who attend inpatient programs in other recovery centers. However, some useful things patients can benefit from at MedMark include:
- Medical screenings and supervision
- Addiction education
- Discharge planning and support
- Coordinated pregnancy treatment
- Relapse prevention
- Case management
- Referral to community resources
MedMark Treatment Centers Staff
MedMark gathers a great team of physicians, therapists, and counselors who work together to make sure patients and their families get help and support they need. The official website of MedMark doesn’t list names and biographies of team members, but that’s kind of understandable if you bear in mind there are multiple locations across the country, so there are hundreds of staff members. Based on the reputation of MedMark it’s obvious they have an incredible team that is educated, experienced, and willing to keep improving to enhance the patient experience.