Keystone Treatment Center Overview
The Keystone Treatment Center, located in Canton, South Dakota, has existed since 1973. During these active years, the staff over at the Keystone Treatment Center has successfully treated numerous substance abuse, alcohol abuse, mental health issues, compulsive gambling issues, and many other cases. The services provided at the Keystone Treatment Center are based on the 12-step program and evidence-based practice. Residential and outpatient programs are offered to the patients at the Keystone Treatment Center.
Adults are not the only ones who can get the help that they require at the Keystone Treatment Center. Adolescents and young adults age 18 to 26 are accepted into the programs at the Keystone Treatment Center. There are separate residential and outpatient treatment programs organized according to the needs and requirements of both adults and adolescents. The special family program is organized at the Keystone Treatment Center, specifically for the family members of the patients that take part in any of the treatment programs at the Keystone Treatment Center.
Keystone Treatment Center Housing
In the facility of the Keystone Treatment Center, there are bedrooms, offices and therapy rooms for both individual and group therapy sessions to be found. The patients who require a residential treatment program are divided according to gender to gender-separated bedrooms. Each bedroom is assigned to two patients who share twin beds, side tables, closets, and desks. There is the main cafeteria in which the patients are served hot and cold meals three times a day.
All of the meals are prepared at the facility and are included in the price. Any dietary requirements by the patients are usually respected and taken into consideration while preparing and serving the meals. There is also a common room where the patients can spend time together in between therapy sessions or spend time outside the facility enjoying in the picnic area.
Keystone Treatment Center Treatment Options
At Keystone Treatment Center, you will find the following treatment options:
- Residential treatment program – The residential, also known as inpatient, treatment program is the most popular treatment program offered at the Keystone Treatment Center. The patients are required to stay on the grounds of the Keystone Treatment Center for as long as their treatment is in progress. There is an adult residential program and an adolescent residential program which fulfills the needs of the different age groups struggling with problems such as mental health issues and substance abuse. Intensive care, medication management, and detoxification are a part of the treatment program as well.
- Outpatient treatment program – For patients who do not require an intensive treatment program such as the residential one, they have the option to participate in an outpatient treatment program. Once again, there is a separate outpatient treatment program organized for adults and adolescents. Specific counseling appointments are scheduled on a weekly basis according to the requirement of the patient. The patients get to enjoy in the benefits of individual and group therapy sessions as well as a part of the outpatient treatment program.
- Family program – At the Keystone Treatment Center, there is a specialized program organized for the family members of the patient treated at the Keystone Treatment Center. This program aims to educate and help the patient’s family to understand better the treatment methods used upon their loved one, the problems, and issues that he/she is battling with and help them prepare better for their meeting with their loved one during the visiting hours. The family members can ask any questions about the therapy and condition of their loved one that they do not feel comfortable asking in front of him/her and learn how to cope with the situation under the new conditions. In order to do so, the family members attend individual sessions with a professional counselor and physician.
Keystone Treatment Center Therapies Provided
Therapeutic services that the patient is given access to at Keystone Treatment Center include:
- Individual therapy sessions
- Group therapy sessions
- Relapse prevention therapy
- Family therapy sessions
- Medication management
Keystone Treatment Center Payment Options
According to the official website of the Keystone Treatment Center, the staff accepts most insurance plans in order to help the patients get the help that they need. For more information on this topic, we encourage our readers to contact the official staff via email or phone.
Keystone Treatment Center Licenses
Keystone Treatment Center Amenities
The family is really important in the recovery process according to the staff at the Keystone Treatment Center. That is why all of the available family members to the patients are free to join them as a part of the group therapy sessions. They also have a chance to participate in educational lectures organized every Monday and Tuesday.
As for the patients, for as long as they are a part of the community at the Keystone Treatment Center, they get to participate in fun activities along with the other patients at the facility. Group exercise classes, religious services, watching movies, sitting around a campfire and creative, artistic activities are just some of the commonly organized activities for the patients at the Keystone Treatment Center.
Keystone Treatment Center Staff
A wide variety of professionals is to be found on the grounds of the Keystone Treatment Center. Numerous LADCs (Licensed Addiction Counselors), psychiatrists, doctors, medical technicians, nurses, social workers, and recreational therapists are all there to make sure that these patients are receiving only the top-notch help that they require in order to get back on track with their normal lives.