With an estimated 22.1 million people struggling with substance abuse issues, one fixed plan could never possibly cover all of them. As one of the oldest rehabilitation organizations in the nation, Cenikor understands that everyone’s needs are different, and there are many hurdles in the battle to obtain sobriety. Substance abuse and mental health disorders affect people from all walks of life, this is why they offer personalized, tailor-made treatment plans to suit each and every one of their clients.
More than just treating substance abuse issues, Cenikor also offers educational recourses centered on helping people of all ages resist the positive portrayals of all forms of substance abuse by both their peers and the media. This evidence-based curriculum aims to prevent substance abuse from affecting at-risk individuals.
Also available is the Pregnancy and Postpartum intervention program (PPI), this program is tailored specifically for both pregnant woman and new mothers, provided in Bell County, Texas by their Post-Partum Coordinator Rene Wilson.
Recovery can be hard, and after leaving the structured environment of a long-term rehabilitation period, many have found it all too easy to slip back into old habits. Due to this, Cenikor has a sober-living program, providing housing and supportive environment to help the transition to full-time independence.
How Much Does it Cost?
One of the biggest hurdles in attaining sobriety is often not the lack of desire to change, but the lack of funds to begin this change. The highly personalized treatment offered at each of Cenikor’s branches means that cost will vary on a case-by-case basis, but they have a history of working with both insurance providers and government agencies to help navigate this hurdle. State funding, coupled with donations by the public and scalable rates aim to make treatments affordable to all who need it.
While Cenikor does have a list of preferred insurance providers on their official site, they are happy to accept others.
What Treatments Does Cenikor Offer?
Cenikor offers the following treatment options:
- Outpatient detox: Medically assisted detoxing to assist with withdrawal symptoms to ensure the highest level of comfort while the patient continues with work or stays home; supervised by a licensed professional.
- Inpatient detox: Medically assisted detox for adult patients, during this critical time medication and counseling, is provided to support the patient until the detox is complete.
- Short-term inpatient treatment: Tailored treatments suited to the needs of both patients and their families.
- Long-term inpatient treatment: Treatments geared at helping the patient gain and retain sobriety, independence, and financial stability.
- Adolescent inpatient treatment: This program provides preventative education and treatment for adolescents aged 13-17 years of age.
- Outpatient services: Recovery options for patients who for whatever reason are unable to book themselves in for inpatient treatments.
- Sober living: A supportive home to bridge the gap between inpatient care and re-entering society.
- Prevention: Helps students attain knowledge of substance abuse to help them resist the pressures and curiosity surrounding drugs and alcohol that could lead to them experimenting with these substances.
Individual counseling for substance abuse is also available at individual branches. The differing treatments provided by all locations are focused on helping patients not only beat their addictions but also become fully independent once they’ve left supervised care.
What are the Housing Facilities Like?
With many locations spread throughout Texas and Louisiana, there is a wide variety of options to choose from. Each facility is unique, but there are, as can be expected, some similarities. Inpatient facilities are equipped with amenities to help make the road to sobriety easier, with rooms for group activities, outdoor recreational areas and quiet spaces for when patients need that bit of quiet time to help them recharge. Nutritious meals are served in spacious dining areas where interaction with other patients is encouraged.
Each facility is equipped with a highly trained clinical staff experienced in the treatment of substance abuse issues to ensure patients get the best care available.
Cenikor was founded in 1967, this means that they’ve had more than fifty years to grow and evolve; they now offer many paths on the road to sobriety. Their non-profit rehabilitation facilities have served 5,500 clients in the past year alone, impacted more than 100,000 lives and shows no signs of stopping now. Whatever the patients age, specific needs or economic standing, there are tailored, evidence-based treatment plans and preventative measures in place. Personalized care is available, through every step of the recovery process, from the initial detox to independent, sober living.
- Bill Bailey – president and CEO
The President of Cenikor, Bill Bailey, joined the foundation in 2004, and since then has sought to expand their services, launching new locations and programs to expand the ever-growing need for substance abuse related care.
- Dr. David Lee – Vice President
With a Masters Degree in Social Work Dr. Lee has managed 14 hospital-based detox programs and brings 30 years of experience to the Cenikor team.
- Kellee Webb – Vice President/ Human Recourses. Kellee Webb, former Human Resources Manager of Boys and Girls Country of Houston, has been with Cenikor since 2009, bringing with her 20 years of Human Resources and Operations experience. She graduated from the University of Houston with a BS in Psychology and is certified as both SHRM-SCP and SPHR.
- Matt Kuhlman – Vice President/ CFO
- Mr. Kuhlman joined Cenikor in 2002 as a business manager. With 15 years experience in managing the cash flow of non-profit and financial organizations, he makes sure to keep the financial end of rehabilitation going.