Broward House Overview
Broward House has been first founded in 1988 as a center that offered support and treatment services to HIV+ and AIDS patients. The Broward House has been and still is located in Fort Lauderdale in sunny Florida. What the original founders probably did not think of is the fact that over the years of its existence, the Broward House grew to extend its services and now serves as one of the best rehabilitation centers helping patients who struggle with substance abuse, alcohol abuse, mental health issues, and HIV+ patients.
The Broward House offers a residential treatment program and an outpatient treatment program as treatment options. The Broward House services cover everything from individual and group therapy sessions, relapse prevention, educations, to medical care. For the purpose of treating substance abuse and alcohol abuse patients, the Broward House relays on the 12-step program. The program also offers job placement after the treatment program has been successfully completed. There is a special Positive Healing Program, specially designed for HIV+ patients and their family members and friends to better understand the impact that this disease can have on one’s life and to the lives of those around him.
Broward House Housing
The Broward House facility is located in the middle of a quiet, sunny suburb in Fort Lauderdale in Florida. The patients who take part in the residential treatment program are accommodated in an apartment building which can accommodate 52 patients at a time. The patients are supposed to share bedrooms and bathrooms. All bedrooms are furnished with single beds, shared desks and wardrobes. There are two-three patients in each bedroom, depending on the number of patients in the whole facility.
As for the individual and group therapy sessions, there is a separate behavior health building in which the therapy sessions are in order. The cafeteria and the offices of the team at the Broward House are also placed in the behavior health building. Three meals are prepared and served to the patients each day. Any dietary requirements that the patients might have are usually respected.
Broward House Treatment Options
At Broward House, you will find the following treatment options:
- Residential treatment program – The residential treatment program, also known as the inpatient treatment program, accommodates the patients in the facility where they are required to live and attend their assigned therapy sessions. Both individual and group therapy sessions are a part of the residential treatment program. As a part of the program, numerous issues are addressed – from depression, anxiety, substance abuse, alcohol abuse to reoccurring mental health issues. Family therapy sessions are a part of the program as well where family members of the patients are required to attend to therapy sessions along with a professional counselor in order to be closely included in the treatment of the patient himself/herself.
- Outpatient treatment program – The outpatient treatment program is specially designed for more mild cases of substance abuse and alcohol abuse where patients are allowed to live at their own homes while they are required to visit the facility to attend to their individual and group therapy sessions. Both individual and group therapy sessions are organized as a part of the treatment program. Family therapy sessions are also provided when needed as a part of the outpatient treatment program as well.
- Positive Healing Program – The Positive Healing Program is a special program in which HIV+ patients and their families participate in. This program aims to educate the HIV+ patient and his/her family members about the illness and discuss the impact that the illness has on the lives of the patient and his/her family.
Broward House Therapies Provided
Therapeutic services that the patient is given access to at the Broward House include:
- Individual therapy sessions
- Group therapy sessions
- Family therapy sessions
- Relapse prevention therapy
Broward House Payment Options
According to their official website, at the Broward House, there are no payment plans or accepted insurance programs as payment options. The only way for you to enter in one of the programs at the Broward House is to apply for a grand. However, you, as a patient, must qualify in order for your grand to be approved as a way to enter in one of the programs. For more information on the topic, please do contact the official staff at the Broward House via email or phone.
Broward House Licenses
Unfortunately, no specific information about the licenses and accreditations at the Broward House is to be found on their official website. Please do contact the official staff via email or phone for more information on the topic.
Broward House Amenities
The Broward House offers an Independent Housing Program to the patients and their families who are HIV+. As a part of this program, there is a total of eight apartment complexes which the patients can use to live in with their families and gain support, safe housing, therapy sessions when needed and social service support. The staff at the Broward House offers to help any patients to reunify with their families.
Broward House Staff
The professional team at the Broward House consists of case managers, licensed alcohol and drug counselors, psychiatrists, physicians, nurses, social workers, and nutritionists. All of the staff at the Broward House have had previous experience in working with HIV+ patients, depression and anxiety issues, substance abuse, alcohol abuse, and other mental health issues.