Havenwyck Hospital is a licensed private psychiatric and residential facility offering treatment for children, adolescents, and adults who need psychiatric treatment and also substance abuse treatment as a secondary issue.
Havenwyck Hospital Treatment, Programs, Staff
Treatment teams at Havenwyck include psychiatrists, registered nurses, social workers and recreational therapists. The programs offered at Havenwyck are broken down into the following groups:
- Adult Inpatient
- Child and Adolescent Inpatient
- Residential Treatment
- Residential Treatment – Impulse Disorder Program, which is designed for males between 9 and 17 years old who have sexual impulse disorders that require 24-hour supervision in a therapeutic health setting
- Partial Day Hospital Program – Child/Adolescent and Adult
- Substance Abuse Treatment – Adolescent and Adult
All of these programs come with distinct advantages, including:
- 24 hour, skilled nursing care
- A physician-led, multidisciplinary treatment team
- A safe, therapeutic, and structured environment
- Intensive psychiatrist and therapist involvement
- The ability to concurrently utilize both medication and therapy as appropriate
The programs designed for children and adolescents promote emotional and physical well-being supported by the following factors:
- Positive relationships with parents, siblings and peers
- Development of coping and self-soothing skills
- Physical and psychosocial development
- Environmental limits characterized by a sense of security and structure
Admission decisions are ultimately made by a psychiatrist, but prospective clients can receive referrals from physicians, mental health professionals, social workers, social service agencies, family members or friends.
Havenwyck Hospital Facilities and Extras
The vibe at Havenwyck is clinical, although the staff do put forth an effort to make it feel like a warm environment. The facility has 169 beds, broken down into one adolescent unit with 54 beds and 5 adult units with 23 beds each. All rooms are either double or triple occupancy, and all have a shared bathroom. Havenwyck organizes patients into units by trying to keep people with similar diagnoses in the same place.
Food is prepared 3 times each day and delivered to the units. Breakfast is at 7AM, which is followed by group and individual therapy throughout the day.
Rules and Regulations in Havenwyck Hospital
As Havenwyck is a psychiatric hospital, there are certain items banned from the facility. These items include:
- Sharp objects
- Cell phones
- Aerosol products
- Any items that contain alcohol
Phone calls are permitted only between the hours of 11AM and 12PM and between 8PM and 9PM on weeknights. Smoking is permitted, but only outside and under the supervision of a staff member. Additionally, although caffeine is not explicitly restricted, but coffee is only served in the morning.
Havenwyck Hospital: Comments and Reviews
The reviews for Havenwyck are less than glowing – with the facility garnering just 1.9 stars on Google from 128 reviews. One reviewer on Google described Havenwyck as a “brain-atrophying trap,” while another claimed they were placed on medications for conditions that they don’t actually have, including ADHD and insomnia.
Some reviewers with positive experiences say the staff is attentive and polite, but the negative reviews far outweigh the good.