Opana Price: How Much Does It Cost In The Black Market?
Important InformationThis information is for educational purposes only. We never invite or suggest the use, production or purchase of any these substances. Addiction Resource and it’s employees, officers, managers, agents, authors, editors, producers, and contributors shall have no direct or indirect liability, obligation, or responsibility to any person or entity for any loss, damage, or adverse consequences alleged to have happened as a consequence of material on this website. See full text of disclaimer.
In many cases, Opana street price may be an indicator of the drug’s availability and degree of abuse. Moreover, it may give one an idea of why there is an increase in the teen’s demand for money.
Opana is a new drug of addiction among the US people. In fact, some may divert from prescriptive use to an abuse. On the other hand, some may use it as a means to get high. When they cannot buy it from a licensed pharmacy, they turn to the illegal sellers. The term “street” refers to any source of the drug other than a legal pharmacy. In the recent times, widespread use of internet has fueled the practice of online drug purchases. They have coined different terms that shows that there is a black market. For example, online black market and dark internet market.
Table of Contents
The Actual Price Of Prescription Opana
When buying it from a legal pharmacy, the actual price of prescription Opana ER is $2.53 per 5 mg tablet. Nonetheless, various other factors may influence the prices. They include stock shortages, discounts, and other unknown variables. But, in any case, it is lower than the Opana street price.
The average price per milligram of Opana is about US$1.57. In fact, the prices can vary depending on which state a person lives in.
The Value Of Opana Street Price
It is not possible to get an exact value of Opana street price. This is due to the lack of evident data and ever-changing market environments. Yet, some unofficial sources say the price per pill may go as high as $75. While some others put it at $90 per pill or $35 to $50 per pill.
Here are some examples of how the street prices rank against the retail/legal prices. The data on street prices was taken from unofficial sources and may vary for different locations.
- Oxycontin: $50 to $80 on the street, vs. $6
- Oxycodone: $12 to $40 on the street, vs. $6
- Hydrocodone: $5 to $20 vs. $1.50
- Percocet: $10 to $15 vs. $6
- Vicodin: $5 to $25 vs. $1.50
Factors That Affect Opana Street Value
Demand, supply, availability and bargaining power are the major factors that may affect the value of Opana street price. Moreover, the changing market dynamics and retail price also play an influential role. In any case, the Opana street price is always higher by many folds. This is when comparing it to the retail price.
- Experience level of buyer: A naive player is invariably an easy victim, be it a game or a black market. In fact, when they have little or no experience with such practice, their negotiation skills are low. As a result, they cannot bargain and end up paying a higher amount.
- Availability of Opana: As per the economics, higher availability means the cost may go down. It is, in fact, the same condition for Opana street price too.
- Demand: Higher demand corresponds to a higher cost.
- Area of the country: It is often the case that the Opana street price may vary. Of course, it depends on which part/state of the country a person lives in. The probable reason for this is the difference in the legal price.
- The relationship between the purchaser and the seller: A close relation or being a loyal customer may lead to some reduction in the price. But, it is a very case in the black market that loyalty trumps business.
- Abuse of Opana or any other prescription/illicit drug is always harmful. It increases the risk of an addiction and its plethora of ill-effects.
- No doubt, buying a drug from a vendor in the black market is bad for the pocket. This is because one has to pay way higher than the normal price. But, the woes do not end here. There is every possibility that one may end up with some legal problems. In extreme cases, a person may die as a result of a crash.
- An individual should take an extra precaution no to fall victim to the online vendors. They may deliver a fake or even toxic product. Moreover, they may end up giving their credit card numbers or some other important personal details to them.
- If anyone who was previously on prescriptions of Opana is showing some signs of an abuse or addiction, talk to them right away. Also, watch their expenses and increasing demands for money. Maybe, they are using it to pay for Opana in the black market. If suspecting anything wrong, do not waste a second to call an addiction expert.
Talk to the experts if one has any other query regarding Opana street price and its addiction. They are the most credible source for any information about addiction. Additionally, they can suggest measures that help to curb addiction.
Addiction centers have a team of experts who have years of experience in treating addiction. Learn more about the best addiction centers nearby.
Looking for professional medical help for addictions? Get the best rehabs page here.
- Irma H Benedek, Janet Jobes, Qinfang Xiang, William D Fiske. Bioequivalence of oxymorphone extended release and crush-resistant oxymorphone extended release. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2011; 5: 455–463. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3232172/
- G Pettifer, D Dyson. Hydromorphone: a cost-effective alternative to the use of oxymorphone. Can Vet J. 2000 Feb; 41(2): 135–137. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1476286/
Where do calls go
Calls to our general hotline may be answered by private treatment providers.