More Americans are using Marijuana to get high. In fact, it is third most abused substance in the US. This is partly due to the changing regulations. Nevertheless, you should quit it as early as possible. This is considering the risk of problems a long-term abuse may cause.
Marijuana synonyms: cannabis, weed, grass, hashish.
A Quick Overview Of Marijuana: Why It Is Addictive
You may take a puff once in a while. Over the time, it becomes your habit. Then, you reach a state where not getting your dose makes you feel as if something is missing in life. This is when you have become a new victim of Marijuana addiction.
In fact, the shift from a casual habit to a full-blown addiction occurs so fast that you may not even notice it.
The real culprit behind this is a chemical which they call THC. It is the principal mild-altering substance responsible for an addition.
Usually, it takes not more than a few seconds for THC to reach the brain. This is after you smoke it. If you eat it, the transfer may be a bit longer. Once inside the brain, it affects the functions of specific brain regions. As a result, you get high.
Marijuana Detox: Here Begins Your Journey
Detox is the process of setting your body free from the drug chemicals. In fact, the success of an entire Marijuana treatment, in a large part, relies on the detox.
Sometimes, they may decide to flush it out all at once. Of course, this depends on several factors. They include the history abuse, degree of dependence and your body characteristics. They call it a rapid detox.
The effects of Marijuana withdrawal does not produce any serious health problems. However, it can be very distressing. All things considered, most Marijuana detox can happen out without a medical supervision.
Otherwise, if your condition is very severe they recommend getting medical help. Also, this counts if you have been abusing another drug in the meantime. Have you developed any psychiatric disorder as a result of heavy Marijuana abuse? If this is the case, then the help is of immense importance.
What Would You Feel During Marijuana Detox?
You may not experience any severe symptom during the detox. However, they may trouble you a lot. Most of these symptoms peak during the first two days of abstinence. They may include:
- Anxiety and restlessness
- Mood swings
- Body pain
- Upset stomach
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Elevated body temperature
- Loss of sleep
- Physical weakness
- Appetite changes
How Long Does Marijuana Detox Last?
In a normal case, Marijuana detox should not last more than 2 weeks. Of course, it depends on the duration of abuse, quantity abused and your response to the detox process.
What you can do to Manage the Symptoms of Marijuana Withdrawal?
They do not recommend any medication to control the symptoms during Marijuana detox. This is because none of them are so severe that they warrant some special medication.
Researchers trying to find if CNS depressants are useful. In any case, you should not use any prescription medication on your own. However, you may use OTC medications to ease the pain or relieve some digestive problems.
Considering this, you may manage them by applying the following tips.
- Increase your fluid intake: Water and other drinks may help you get rid of the of the weed faster through urine. In the meantime, stay away from consuming excessive calories.
- Take high-fiber nutrient-dense foods: A healthy diet is indispensable to any detox program. Notably, stomach upset is common during Marijuana detox. Therefore, make sure you take small meals at a regular interval. Feast on fresh fruits, whole grains, and fruit juice. In the meantime, limit the intake of junk foods, sugar-rich products, and dairy items.
- Stay active: Light aerobic exercises are beneficial in many ways. they can help you to manage low moods, irritation, and other psychological problems. Additionally, it may also help you sleep.
- You may try a herbal tea. Are any of the herbal supplements useful during Marijuana detox? Presently, there is no compelling evidence showing that.
- Marijuana detox is a safe process. It does not cause any serious health effects.
- Self-care measures, in most cases, are enough to relieve the withdrawal symptoms.
- Do you have other drug abuse problems or a co-occurring mental disorder? In that case, talk to a doctor before starting detox.
- Detox is not the end. In fact, it is the beginning of a long journey to a drug-free life. Rehabilitation treatments may be necessary to extend the abstinence for a long time.
- Consult an expert before a detox at your home or using Detox Kits.
Want To Know More About Marijuana Detox?
Addiction centers have a qualified team dedicated to providing you all kinds of necessary services. They will help you get back to normal life. The team includes well trained and skilled physicians, counselors, psychologists, psychiatrists. In addition, they include other healthcare professionals like nutritionists. They will all work together to design addiction treatment plans. Each one are for your exact personal needs.
Are you or anyone in your family is fighting against Marijuana withdrawal? Get help from experts near you. Click here for more.