The use of Lortab is common in the United States, along with other areas of the world. The significant increase in the number of prescriptions of this drug has been noticed across the country. Since 2008, it has become one of the most prescribed opioids among patients. Getting high off Lortab is also known due to its components. When Lortab recreational use takes place, a person is involved in risks of dangerous complications that could place their lives in danger.
Table of Contents
Ways Lortab Is Used To Get High
The fact that this medication has an effect on the central nervous system causes some people to opt for Lortab recreational use. The idea behind this is to try getting high off Lortab. In order to get high on this particular medicine, a person would have to use a considerably higher dose than what is considered normal. There are different ways that people do experiment with the drug in order to get to the point where they would be a high or euphoric effect. When it comes to looking at Lortab vs. Hydrocodone, the same methods are often used, as this is the active chemical in the medicine that causes the high feeling.
Smoking Or Snorting Lortab
People who want to get high might go from the oral route to trying other methods, such as smoking Lortab. Some people may also experiment with snorting Lortab to see if the crushed drug would enter their systems faster and cause a more significant elevated feeling; thus contributing to a stronger euphoric effect.
Taking Large Doses Orally
Regardless of the way that a person introduces the active opioid chemical to their system, to get Lortab high, a person is very likely to take exceptionally large doses of this medication.
There have been cases where people used dissolved drug intravenously. The idea behind these uses is to elevate the overall high that the individual would experience.
It is imperative to consider that non-medical as well as recreational Lortab use is considered an abuse and can be legally prosecuted. If one is experiencing signs of opioids abuse they should seek treatment in medical facilities.
What Does Lortab High Feel Like?
These are all potential reasons why people might try to get high off Lortab:
- People often experience euphoria when they take too much of this drug, often described as a high.
- There have also been reported of people explaining that the euphoria caused by this medication helped them to feel an improvement in their socializing skills.
- Many users do report feeling like they suddenly have an elevated level of overall well-being.
- In some cases, Lortab high may also come with tiredness, often causing a person to nod off.
- There is also a lot of people who explain a low Lortab 7.5 high to be relaxing.
- When the drug is wearing off, a person may experience a further state of relaxation.
- Additionally, a number of reports also claims that a “warm” feeling in their bodies was experienced too.
Dangers Of Lortab High
When a person uses this medication according to the dosage instructions that were provided to them by the prescribing physician, the idea behind the use of the medicine is to alleviate feelings of pain. While studies have confirmed the effectiveness of the Hydrocodone chemical found in this drug when used for moderate-to-severe levels of pain, overdosing on this medicine can cause a number of potential adverse effects.
This is where the issue comes in when looking at why it is dangerous to get high off this particular drug. A Lortab 10 high is unlikely to occur. Instead, a person would have to take a more significant dose of the medication to experience the euphoria that some have found the drug causes.
With that said, it is essential to look at several risk factors:
- There are specific long term effects of Lortab that occurs, even when the person does not take an acute dose that could lead to life-threatening complications.
- Both Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen compounds in this medicine have been associated with damage to the liver.
- According to the study published in StatPearls medical journal, toxicity, caused by a significant overdose of the medication, leads to hepatic necrosis, as well as breathing problems. At this point, many people may wonder how much Lortab to overdose?
- According to the same study, approximately four grams of Acetaminophen alone on a daily basis can cause these potential adverse events to occur.
- The class of Hydrocodone also makes this drug come with the potential to cause addiction.
Lortab addiction causes a person to feel that they are unable to go a day without the use of this medication. This also increases an individual’s risk of overdosing, since their body tends to build up a tolerance to the drug, which means more of the active compounds would be required to produce the same effects. Tolerance is known as one of the signs of addiction that has to be treated in drug rehab centers.
Withdrawal symptoms may then occur once the person is unable to gain access to the drug anymore. Lortab withdrawal help is, however, available to assist with detoxification and help a person successfully overcome an addiction to this medication.
- J.W. Younger, L.F. Chu, N. D’Arcy, K. Trott, L.E. Jastrzab, S.C. Mackey, Prescription opioid analgesics rapidly change the human brain, 30 Apr 2011, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3138838/
- J. Vardy, M. Agar, Nonopioid drugs in the treatment of cancer pain, 1 Jun 2014, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24799483
- M. Habibi, P.Y. Kim, Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen, 13 Mar 2019, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK538530/