Currently, you can take it in the form of chopped leaves, tablets or capsules. If you take it in small doses, Kratom serves as a mild stimulant. However, in large doses, its effects are very much like opioid drugs. It alters the way of communication between brain cells and causes a rush of euphoria. Kratom does this By binding to certain brain receptors.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Kratom Addiction?
Kratom contains more than 20 biologically active compounds. Moreover, they consider it to be very addictive. Since this substance is legal, it is popular among minors who cannot buy alcohol. Drug addiction may happen with higher doses during a longer period of time. We can detect kratom addiction from the following use signs and symptoms:
- Extreme euphoria
- Constipation over many days
- Loss of sexual desire
- Darkening of skin and face
- Impaired coordination
- Drug tolerance that forms very quickly
- Cravings and obsessive thoughts about Kratom
- Daily use – every day, many times a day
- Withdrawal symptoms (apathy, depression, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, common cold symptoms which emerge when Kratom leaves the system)
- Ensuring supply – making sure that there is always enough accessible Kratom
Hope Without Commitment
Find the best treatment options.Call our free and confidential helpline
How to Tell if Your Loved One is a Kratom Addict and Needs Help? (Addiction signs you should not miss)
Naturally, all addicts deep down know they have a problem, but few are willing to face it. Therefore, that is why it is important to react as soon as you notice or suspect someone you love has an addiction problem. Look for signs in behavioral changes that may imply:
- Increased risk – taking behavior, especially if a person hasn’t shown that type of behavior before
- Social withdrawal
- Secrecy and lying about Kratom use
- Lack of interest in social and recreational activities
- Decreased productivity at work or school
- Becoming agitated, defensive, aggressive
- Failing to stop taking drug
- Extreme mood swings
- Changes in sleeping and eating habits
- Weight loss
What are the Dangers of Kratom Addiction?
The main psychoactive component of the drug is mitragynine. Notably, it is many times more potent than morphine. Of course, the biggest danger of the drug is the lack of knowledge and information of about its safety.
There have been three reported cases of fatal toxicity and acute liver injury due to its use. This is according to recent findings. There are also dangers of:
- thyroid problems
- lung problems
- heart problems
- muscle and bones aching
- liver toxicity and failure – more likely to happen if you take it orally
- loss of libido
- compulsive drug behavior
Although Kratom is legal, it is highly addictive. Perhaps, the biggest problem with this substance is its availability. Furthermore, there is a lack of helpful information about its proper usage. Likewise, without any legal prohibitions, anyone can buy it online. As a result, this will increase the recreational use. And more people will suffer.
Unfortunately, Kratom dependence is a relatively new subject. As a result, there are no standardized treatments for this type of addiction. However, a professional detox facility will certainly be able to help. in addition, a trained medical staff will determine which therapy is the best for each person. An inpatient or outpatient facility can make sure that the patient completes the withdrawal process properly. That way, the patients will be able to regain their health.