Urine tests can detect Ice for up to 3-5 days, swab and blood tests – for 1-4 days, while hair tests – for up to 90 days.
What factors affect Ice and its duration?
Like any other drug, Ice dosage can affect how the drug acts and the purity of the product, the age and the overall health of the user, and the rate of metabolism can all factor in as well. In fact, the drug is metabolized by the liver, and one of its metabolites is amphetamine. Metabolites can be eliminated by the kidneys, depending on the urine pH.
How Long Does Ice Stay In Your System?
Ice is one of the most dangerous drugs that one can get hooked on. As any other stimulant, methamphetamines lead to euphoria and increased energy levels followed by a devastating comedown and some severe consequences for the health of the user and the safety of the people around them.
How Long Does Ice Stay In Your Blood?
As the half-life of the drug is around 12 hours, the time Ice needs to be reduced by half will be 12-34 hours. Ice can stay in your blood for up to 72 hours, while in heavy users – up to 10 days.
How Long Does Ice Stay In Your Urine?
When Ice leaves the system, the drug is cleared by the kidneys, and an enormous amount of metabolites can show in one’s urine. Urine tests can detect Ice use for up to 3-5 days.
How Long Does Ice Stay In Your Saliva & Sweat?
Our bodies are full of fluids. Therefore, Ice can show up in one’s saliva and sweat. Swab tests can detect the drug for up to 1-2 days (sometimes even four days). Note that the saliva contains more of the drug, not its metabolites.
How Long Does Ice Stay In Your Hair?
As our body is one whole system, Ice can be found in your hair as well. No matters how much you wash or cut your hair, tests can detect Ice for up to 90 days after the last dose.
Factors That Influence How Long Ice Stays In Your System
When talking about how long Ice can remain in Your System, we should remember that many factors may affect the duration of the drug:
- Ways of administration
- Purity of Ice
- Food intake
- Weight of the user
- History of abuse
- Overall health of the person
- Rate of metabolism
- Urine pH
How Is Ice Metabolized?
One of the main factors is the rate of metabolism. In fact, Ice is not completely metabolized by the body. As the drug stays unchanged in Your System, it has a longer duration of action when compared to other stimulants, such as cocaine.
The drug metabolizes in the liver, a process known as hepatic metabolism. One of the primary metabolites is amphetamine. Metabolites can eliminate through the kidneys. In other words, the drug excretes in the urine, a process that depends on the urine pH.
An interesting fact is that sometimes up to 50% of the drug can be found unchanged in urine.
Ice Half-Life & How Long Ice Effects Last
We should note that the first kick depends mainly on the way of administration. When people inject Ice, the peak blood concentrations happen shortly after intake.
Effects can last between 6 and 24 hours. One should remember that the average half-life of the drug is 12 hours.
Ice & Drug Testing Information
Ice is a potent drug, which stays long in Your System. Various tests can detect Ice:
- Blood tests are some of the traditional ways of testing that work great in detecting new consumption. They can be effective as soon as 2 hours after use and can identify the drug for up to 1-3 days.
- Hair tests are something that users fear as they show some details about the history of abuse. In fact, they can detect the drug for up to 90 days after the last dose. Hair tests can be used 7-10 days after the last intake. The cut-off level or when the drug can show positive is 300 ng/ml.
- Saliva tests are also very popular: they are ideal for home use or occasions when the tester shouldn’t invade the personal space of the user too much. Swab tests are perfect for 5-10 minutes after use and can detect Ice for up to 72 hours. The cut-off is 50 ng/ml.
- Urine tests are one of the most used forms of drug testing. Urinalysis can detect Ice 2-6 hours after use and for up to 3-5 days. The cut-off of the initial urine test is 500 ng/ml.