Hydrocodone is a powerful potentially habit-forming drug that is the most highly prescribed opioid analgesic in the United States. It is a treatment for severe pain. This medication needs to be monitored carefully by a healthcare professional because it can cause slowing or cessation of breathing, among other serious side effects.
Some people take more of the medication or take it more often than prescribed or for a longer duration than recommended by their physician. This is called hydrocodone abuse. The dependence on this medication is both mental and physical. People who abuse this drug do so to achieve effects such as euphoria, lethargy, a sense of well-being, and reduced worry. Where do people get this drug and how much do they pay for it? What is the hydrocodone acetaminophen 5-325 street value?
Where to Buy Hydrocodone?
- 8 percent received it from a family member or friend
- 1 percent had a one-time prescription
- 9 percent paid street prices of hydrocodone to a drug dealer
- 9 percent obtained prescriptions from multiple doctors
Some pharmacies and websites illegally sell the medication and allow users to buy hydrocodone 10-325 online without prescription. People who obtain the drug on the streets, as well as those who obtain it via prescriptions, can become addicted. It is extremely difficult for addicts to end use of this drug on their own. What do addicts have to pay for this drug? What is the hydrocodone acetaminophen 5-325 street price?
Hydrocodone Brand Names
- Ceta Plus
- Dolorex Forte
Who is Abusing Hydrocodone?
There are an estimated 11,000,000 Americans who use pain relievers for non-medical purposes every year. Unfortunately, teenagers and high school students make up a significant percentage of these addicts. Although there is an encouraging downward trend in abuse, the numbers remain concerning.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), 1 percent of 8th graders, over 3 percent of 10th graders, and nearly 5 percent of 12th graders were using Vicodin in the year 2014. Vicodin is a hydrocodone acetaminophen combination that is widely prescribed. It is noteworthy that these numbers reflect only Vicodin non-medical use by teens and do not include other commonly available formulations, such as Norco and Lortab.
- 1 percent obtained the pain relievers from a relative or friend
- 8 percent bought the medication from a family member or friend
- 5 percent got the drug thanks to a doctor’s prescription
- 5 percent purchased it from a stranger or drug dealer
- 8 percent stole the drug from a relative or friend
Hydrocodone Prescription Prices: How Much Should I Pay?
Before buying the drug on the street, buyers usually find out the official prices. This helps them understand the value of the medication and compare different versions and formulations to street prices.
At retail prices, hydrocodone typically costs $1.50 or less per pill. The price varies from pharmacy to pharmacy. A drugs.com discount card allows people to obtain the drug at cheaper prices. Most stores accept this card. With this coupon, one can expect to pay the following prices for the drug:
- $0.64 per unit of 108 mg – 2.5 mg/5 mL
- $0.36 per unit of 217 mg – 5 mg/10 mL
Solution of acetaminophen hydrocodone
- Starting from $0.17 per unit for 750 mL up to $0.3 per unit for 118 mL of 325 mg – 7.5 mg/15 mL
- $1.23 per unit for 600 mL or $2.18 per unit for 300 mL of 325 mg – 10 mg/15 mL
Acetaminophen hydrocodone tablets
- $0.87-$0.88 per unit or $87.45 for 100 tablets of 325 mg – 2.5 mg
- From $0.38 per tablet in 1000 tablet purchase up to $3.37 per tablet if buying two tablets of 325 mg – 5 mg
- $1.5-$1.44 per unit for buying 500 tablets, $1.49-$1.54 per unit for buying 100 tablets up to $1.82 for buying 30 tablets of 300 mg – 5 mg
- From $0.55 per unit for buying 1000 tablets up to $1.64 per unit for buying six tablets of 325 mg – 7.5 mg
- $1.47-$1.62 per unit of purchasing 500 tablets, $1.67-$1.68 per unit for buying 100 tablets or $2.27 for buying 30 tablets of 300 mg – 7.5 mg
- From $1.49-$0.66 per unit for purchasing 1000 tablets up to $1.65 per unit for getting six tablets of 325 mg – 10 mg (the brand versions of that drug are Lortab, Norco, and Lorcet HD)
- $1.90-$2.09 per unit for buying 500 tablets or $2.13-$1.15 for buying 100 tablets of 300 mg -10 mg (the brand names of that drug are Vicodin HP and Xodol)
Street Value of Hydrocodone 10 325 and Other Formulations
The drug is available in various forms, mixtures, and sizes, but on average, the street value of a hydrocodone pill ranges between $4 and $10.
A good resource to find out the street value of hydrocodone is to look at the website StreetRx.com. It is possible to look up the street value of Norco, the street value of Vicodin, the m366 street value, the m367 street value, and the Hysingla ER street value. The site contains anonymously submitted prices of drugs purchased on the street. It is possible for the visitor to enter criteria such as location, date, type of drug, variant, the amount purchased, and the price paid for it.
- Liquid combination or syrup
- IR pill
- ER pill
- Tablet (generic Vicodin)
Hydrocodone acetaminophen 7.5 325 street value (7.5 mg/325 mL pill), on October 27, 2016, one tablet was sold for $4 in Thomasville, Georgia, for $6 in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and for $10 in Irving, Texas.
A pill of 10 mg of hydrocodone was sold for the price of $4 in Tulsa, Oklahoma on October 26, 2016, while one user bought it for $5 in Ohio on October 28, 2016 and another one paid $10 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on October 30, 2016.
A dose of liquid 7.5 mg/15 mL hydrocodone/acetaminophen was sold for $5 in Kansas on October 22, 2016, for $19 in New York on October 26, 2016, while another customer paid $35 in Georgia on October 31, 2016.
By combining the information from StreetRx.com and the guideline legal prices of hydrocodone, it is possible to extrapolate the best price of the drug one should be paying.