Fioricet Use Signs and Symptoms
Important InformationThis information is for educational purposes only. We never invite or suggest the use, production or purchase of any these substances. Addiction Resource and it’s employees, officers, managers, agents, authors, editors, producers, and contributors shall have no direct or indirect liability, obligation, or responsibility to any person or entity for any loss, damage, or adverse consequences alleged to have happened as a consequence of material on this website. See full text of disclaimer.
Fioricet, like many drugs, can be addictive. Addiction to Fioricet can be very dangerous, and that is why it is important to be able to recognize Fioricet use signs. Due to Fioricet being a commonly used medication, many people do not notice that they are becoming addicted. This reinforces this importance of being observant and looking out for Fioricet use signs. This article aims to discuss and divulge the dangers, as well as the symptoms of Fioricet abuse.
Table of Contents
Typical Fioricet Use Symptoms
Fioricet addiction is a difficult form of addiction, as it often sneaks up on the user. Due to Fioricet being prescribed medication, most addicts begin using the drug for its intended purpose, before developing tolerance and taking more of the drug than they should.
Fioricet abuse symptoms tend to be recognizable:
- Stomach pains
- Stomach pain
Fioricet abuse may also cause the user to deviate from their usual behavioral patterns.
Psychological Signs of Fioricet Abuse
Symptoms of Fioricet addiction are not just physical. Someone addicted to the drug may also show many psychological signs of Fioricet addiction, they consist of:
- Psychosis (Consisting of delusions and hallucinations in extreme cases)
- Jittery State
- Slurred Speech
Many of the worst psychological symptoms of Fioricet addiction come from prolonged use of the drug. Short-term addiction tends to lead to slurred speech and less painful symptoms. However, prolonged addiction can lead to psychosis or a relapse of depression.
Physical Symptoms of Fioricet Consumption
As well as psychological, Fioricet addiction signs are also physical:
- Tolerance to the drug
- Upset Stomach
The physical symptoms of abuse are perilous and can not only affect health in the long term but the short term as well. When it comes to tolerance to the drug, many people will often then take more to get the same effect. This can also lead to overdose.
Currently, death rates from painkillers within the US are higher than the death rates of both heroin and cocaine combined. This highlights the dangers Fioricet and similar painkillers bring and the importance of looking out for the symptoms of Fioricet use.
Behavioral Deviations of the Fioricet Addict
Physical and psychological symptoms aren’t the only way to recognize a Fioricet addict. There are also behavioral signs of Fioricet addiction. Fioricet is likely to cause the person who is addicted to act differently in a variety of ways. These include:
- The need to seek out more Fioricet as a priority – This is down to the drug becoming the center of the addicts life. It has become as necessary as food to keep them going
- Seeking multiple prescriptions from different doctors – Doctors will only prescribe a suitable dosage but doctors cannot be aware of what others are prescribing
- Taking the drug in an alternative manner to how it was prescribed, this includes excessive dosages or increased frequency of consumption
- Increased tolerance to the drug so more is needed for the same effects
- Mood swings – This can place a strain on relationships
- Socially distant
- Financial and job issues – Due to the life revolving around addiction, money and a job are less of an interest. Especially due to lack of inhibition and awareness.
- Loss of interest in hobbies and activities – Similarly to job issues, hobbies often become far less important to addicts. Seeking out the drug is of priority.
- Struggle to complete day to day tasks
BThe behavioraldeviation is usually one of the clearer Fioricet drug symptoms, so it is essential to look out for. Spotting the behavioral signs earlier can often help to curb the most negative effects of Fioricet addiction can have. In some cases it can also help to make sure the addiction is cut off at the stem, meaning the addict never quite reaches the stage of complete reliance on the drug, which would give them a greater chance of relapsing even after completing effective treatment.
Avoiding Fioricet Addiction
As stated, Fioricet addiction can be spotted in a few ways. However, many of the symptoms can be similar to those of other drug addictions. As this is the case, one should approach the signs of addiction with care. Be supportive to the addicted person and help htem in the best possible way. If one is unsure whether the signs are the Fioricet addiction, then try to open a channel of communication. Recognizing and confirming addiction are both vital steps in Fioricet rehab.
- Marilyn L. Browne, Alissa R. Van Zutphen, Lorenzo D. Botto, Carol Louik, Sandra Richardson, Charlotte M. Druschel. Maternal Butalbital Use and Selected Defects in the National Birth Defects Prevention Study. https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/congenital_malformations/docs/meds2.pdf
- Silberstein SD, McCrory DC. Butalbital in the treatment of headache: history, pharmacology, and efficacy. Silberstein SD, McCrory DC. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11903523
Where do calls go
Calls to our general hotline may be answered by private treatment providers.