Cyclobenzaprine Interactions With Alcohol, Tramadol, And Ibuprofen
Important InformationThis information is for educational purposes only. We never invite or suggest the use, production or purchase of any these substances. Addiction Resource and it’s employees, officers, managers, agents, authors, editors, producers, and contributors shall have no direct or indirect liability, obligation, or responsibility to any person or entity for any loss, damage, or adverse consequences alleged to have happened as a consequence of material on this website. See full text of disclaimer.
Cyclobenzaprine has over 750 known drug interactions. The majority of these interactions are moderate, but there are also some major drug interactions connected to Flexeril. This gives more weight to questions like “What are the side effects of Flexeril?”, “Can one take Flexeril with ibuprofen?” and “What happens when Cyclobenzaprine and alcohol are combined?”. Let’s look at some of the more commonly used medications or drugs and their interactions with Cyclobenzaprine.
Table of Contents
- Can Cyclobenzaprine Be Taken With Alcohol?
- What Happens When Cyclobenzaprine And Weed Are Taken Together?
- Is It Advised to Take Cyclobenzaprine And Ibuprofen at the Same Time?
- Are There Any Interactions Between Flexeril And Tramadol?
- What Are the Severe Interactions With Flexeril?
- Are There Any Serious Cyclobenzaprine Interactions?
- What Moderate Interactions Are There?
Cyclobenzaprine And Alcohol
Cyclobenzaprine and Alcohol are both used as depressants of the nervous system. Each used on its own is an effective means of relaxing or easing the pain, but when used together the effects can be devastating. With the effects of using each of these drugs on their own being a slowing of the mental faculties, lightheadedness and lowered coordination, when both are combined and used together these effects are multiplied.
There is also a strong case against using the two together as when Flexeril and alcohol are combined; there is a far higher risk of any related side effects as well as a physiological dependency and Cyclobenzaprine abuse. So any Flexeril alcohol combination can lead to moderate risks.
Cyclobenzaprine And Weed
The use of weed or marijuana while on Cyclobenzaprine is another of the Moderate Cyclobenzaprine drug interactions. Using both Cyclobenzaprine and weed together can have a wide range of negative effects. It is advised not to use the two together as it can increase the risk of side effects which include confusion, trouble concentrating and drowsiness.
It is highly recommended not to use weed while on Flexeril especially when doing anything requiring focus such as driving or operating heavy machinery. This is due to the adverse effects that this combination of a Cyclobenzaprine high and weed has on motor skills and coordination.
Cyclobenzaprine And Ibuprofen
Of all the Cyclobenzaprine interactions, the combination of Flexeril and Ibuprofen is one that has proved useful to many. While other drugs have a heavy risk of increasing any known side effects associated with Flexeril, the same cannot be said for Cyclobenzaprine and ibuprofen interactions. In fact, Ibuprofen has long been used in combination with the correct Flexeril dosage in order to heighten the pain-relieving effects.
So the answer to the question “Can one take Ibuprofen with Flexeril?” is quite simple: yes. There are very few risks attached to taking Cyclobenzaprine and Ibuprofen.
There is, however, a moderate drug interaction between Cyclobenzaprine and Ibuprofen PM.
Flexeril And Tramadol
With Tramadol being one of the heavier types of opioid-based relief for moderately severe pain, it is no wonder that it is ill-advised to take Tramadol and Cyclobenzaprine together. There are some serious negative effects that can occur when such a heavy opioid-based pain medication is used alongside central nervous center depressants.
If the use of Tramadol and Flexeril together is absolutely necessary, then it is advised to keep the doses of each drug to a minimum and to watch the patient closely for signs of sedation of respiratory failure. This makes the use of Cyclobenzaprine and Tramadol a serious risk.
The following is a list of drugs that should never be taken with Cyclobenzaprine:
- Cyclobenzaprine and Hydrocodone (Norco) – The use of central nervous center depressants like Flexeril in combination with narcotic pain/ cough medications like Hydrocodone can lead to serious respiratory failure, and in some extreme cases the use of Cyclobenzaprine and Hydrocodone together can be fatal.
- Oxycodone and Flexeril – Here is another severe drug interaction between Flexeril and Oxycodone. Narcotic pain and cough medications, when used in combination with Cyclobenzaprine, have been known to have serious side effects.
The following is a list of the drugs that may cause serious health damage when taken together with Flexeril. (Some can be taken but would need a Doctor’s consultation)
- Cymbalta (Duloxetine) and Flexeril – This interaction has been known to raise the risk of contracting a rare condition called Serotonin Syndrome which in severe cases can lead to coma or death.
- Lexapro (Escitalopram) and Flexeril – The use of these drugs together can also lead to a higher risk of the patient contracting Serotonin Syndrome.
The following is a list of the drugs that can cause some risk when taken with Flexeril:
- Flexeril and Xanax (alprazolam) – Using Cyclobenzaprine and Xanax together has been known to greatly increase the risk of side effects which include confusion and low concentration. The use of Flexeril and Xanax together should be avoided wherever possible.
- Gabapentin and Flexeril – The use of Gabapentin and Flexeril together has been classed as a moderate interaction. While some drugs help increase effectiveness like using Flexeril and Tylenol together, Gabapentin has the ability to increase the side effects that are attached to Cyclobenzaprine.
When it comes to the matter drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine and other drugs, there is a lot to look out for. Some drugs can be used to increase the effectivity of Flexeril; there are other drugs which have massively negative side effects.
Note, that some of the interactions are likely to lead to substance addiction. However, the recovery is possible. Contact the drug abuse rehab representatives for assistance. There are many addiction recovery programs available to get rid of the menace of dependence.
- Winek CL Jr, Wahba WW, Winek CL, Drowning due to cyclobenzaprine and ethanol, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10356778
- Álvaro N Atallah, Regina El Dib, Eduardo Grossmann, Eduardo Januzzi, Regis B Andriolo, Edina MK da Silva, Frederico MG Leite, Cyclobenzaprine for the treatment of myofascial pain in adults, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6481902/
Where do calls go
Calls to our general hotline may be answered by private treatment providers.