Have you already have developed dependence? Then, you should enroll in a Meth and crystal meth detox program.
What is the Difference Between Meth And Crystal Meth?
Meth, an acronym for Methamphetamine, is a CNS stimulant medication that treats ADHD. It is available only on a doctor’s prescription. On the contrary, crystal meth is a crystalline form of the medication that has no medical use. In fact, it is an illegal drug. Both these chemicals can be habit-forming.
They produce pleasurable effects in the users. It is for the same reason many young individuals develop a fetish for them. Eventually, they fall prey to an ongoing addiction. As a result, it will leave various adverse effects on many parts of the user’s life. For example, their health, relationships, academic performance and the list goes on.
What Is Meth And Crystal Meth Detox?
Detox is the first step of a long journey to a drug-free life. Meth and crystal meth detox refer to a gradual reduction in their doses. Of course, the aim is to clear the last molecule of the drug from the body. Moreover, they may give you some medications. These will try to counter unpleasant symptoms during the process.
They do not recommend an abrupt discontinuation. It is because such practice may result in potentially dangerous effects. They call them meth withdrawal symptoms.
Why Do You Need Meth Detox?
Meth abuse and addiction is a major health problem in the US. In addition, the negative effects extend further to other parts of life. In fact, it reaches into the socioeconomic, legal and mental health areas.
Unfortunately, some of the abusers have died suddenly. The modern medical science has not been able to explain the reason behind such tragic event.
For these reasons, you should start Meth and crystal meth detox as early as possible. As a matter of fact, an early and effective treatment can provide a safe and quick road to a complete recovery.
Hope Without Commitment
Find the best treatment options.Call our free and confidential helpline
How Long Does Meth and Crystal Meth Detox Last?
Normally, Meth and crystal meth detox lasts for about 2 weeks. During this period, you will go through different phases of the treatment.
After you stop taking it, that is when the real struggle begins. As a result, you will develop certain not so pleasant conditions. These include severe mood swings, sleep problems, and many other unpleasant symptoms. This occurs within a day after your last dose.
Then the symptoms worsen over the next 7 days. In fact, they call this period a peak time for the Meth withdrawal symptoms. Regrettably, this is the time when you are most likely to have a relapse. Consult your doctor if the symptoms become unbearable.
Factors That May Influence The Withdrawal Symptoms Severity and Duration
Withdrawal symptoms vary in severity and duration depending on various underlying factors. For example, your personal physical and genetic traits.
The other influential factors may include:
- How much Meth have you abused: Heavy usage is more likely to cause more severe symptoms during the detox. Of course, this is quite understandable
- How long you have been abusing it: With a longer the history of abuse, the symptoms tend to become more severe.
What You May Feel Like
Essentially, you would want to forget every last experience you had. Sometimes, this happens during Meth and crystal meth detox. However, it can happen once you become sober again.
Learning about these symptoms can help you prepare yourself on a mental level.
- Depressive thoughts
- Dryness of mouth
- Excessive physical tiredness
- Extreme sleepiness
- Increased hunger
- Paranoia which causes extreme fear, nervousness, and misconceptions
What Are Your Detox Treatment Options?
They do not recommend Meth and crystal meth detox at home. This is considering the risk of dangerous complications that may occur. For the same reason, you should consider taking a professional help. Then, you can enroll in a treatment at a detox center.
First of all, they will provide a peaceful and trigger-free environment. In addition, they also have places where you can use the different medications. Also, they will also provide other supportive therapies.
- Medications: British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2010. “Pharmacological approaches to methamphetamine dependence: a focused review”. This study shows certain drugs may be useful in treating and easing the symptoms. For example, there are the cravings as well as other Meth withdrawal symptoms. The drugs are Provigil (Modafinil), Wellbutrin (Bupropion), Ritalin (Methylphenidate), Topamax (Topiramate).
- Provision for mental intervention and behavioral therapies: This approach may be the best to treat the patients having Meth dependence. This is according to several studies.
What You Can Do In The Meantime
At the same time, you should arm yourself with some positive thoughts and healthy habits. Try to do these while the medications are playing their role. That way, you will be able to beat it hard. Consider the following tips.
- Keep an eye on your goals
- Stay motivated and positive even when everything seems like falling apart
- Take charge of the cravings
- Be patient
- Take healthy foods and enough rest. Increase the intake of fluids to ensure you stay hydrated.
- Get enough sleep
- Stay in regular contact with the people you love
Get Help Now
Addiction counselor can suggest you ways to fight an addiction and help you come out cleaner. Rehabilitation and detox centers have a team of qualified health professionals. They can make your journey to sobriety swifter and easier. Do you want to know more about the Meth and crystal meth detox/rehabilitation centers near you? Click here.