As one of the top addiction treatment centers managed by the White Deer Run Treatment network, Cove Forge is operated by leading professionals in the behavioral rehabilitation field. The facility is set in a rustic, scenic location in Williamsburg, Pennsylvania and specializes in opioid abuse and dual diagnosis cases. They use a variety of treatment methods including evidence-based methods, the 12 step program as well as their unique Choice Therapy and Reality Therapy counseling.
There are separate facilities for the men’s’ and women’s’ populations, including during meals. The daily schedule is planned for residents and kept very busy from 5:30 am mornings until lights are turned off at 11:00 pm. Cove Forge aims to provide a structured and supportive environment for patients to overcome their addictions and also learn valuable life skills so they can re-enter the world with excellent prospects and avoid relapse.
Cove Forge Behavioral Health Treatment, Programs, and Staff
There are a variety of treatment services offered at this rehab:
- Detoxification: 24/7 nurse observation and assistance is available to patients suffering from dangerous and painful withdrawal symptoms, while their body recovers to a normalized biochemical state. The program also features detox counselors and psychiatrists on an as needed basis.
- Residential Rehabilitation: This inpatient program is the primary rehab service offered here. Weekly, individualized therapy sessions and group therapy sessions are a principal tool for helping residents develop the skills and understanding to fight their addiction. A full-time staff of nurses supervises careful application of approved medications to facilitate addiction treatment.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment: Patients suffering from both drug abuse effects and co-occurring mental disorders receive specialized car to treat both conditions. Two counselors are assigned to these patients each with expertise in their respective field. Specialized therapy sessions are also available in this program.
- Family Program: Every Wednesday and Saturday, the facility is opened to family members to visit with patients and to participate in seminars to educate them about chemical dependency and recovery.
- Music Program: A uniquely therapeutic program offered here encourages residents to express themselves with music. Everyone has access to the equipment necessary to write, compose, rehearse, record and perform music in a way that fosters personal growth and kindles new, productive passions. Patients can proudly come away from their stay at Cove Forge with a CD recording of their own musical creation.
- Outpatient Services: A limited outpatient service is operated by the White Deer Run network in Erie and Pittsburg, Pennsylvania and is made available to alumni of Cove Forge.
The medical director is certified by the American Society of Addiction Medicine. Supporting staff include psychiatrists, physicians, a 24 hour rotating uteam of nurses, clinicians as well as counselors and social workers.
What is the H.O.P.E. Program at Cove Forge?
H.O.P.E. stands for Heroin Opiate-Positive Experience and is meant especially for residents in need of heroin rehabilitation. The facilities trained medical physicians work with residents to help heal the damage done by opiates to the patients’ endorphin system with specialized care and medicine.
Cove Forge Behavioral Health: Facilities and Extras
Meals and basic cleaning and maintenance services are provided to residents so they may focus on their recovery. In between the extensive therapy and counseling programs, there are numerous activities for residents to discover. There are opportunities to explore meditation or spirituality group sessions. For something more active there is a gym for exercising and even an outdoor ropes course for teambuilding and fun!
Rules and Regulations in Cove Forge Behavioral Health
Residents are permitted to smoke, but otherwise rules are strictly enforced at Cove Forge. Missing seminar or therapy sessions result in a couple of warnings and if it escalates the patient may quickly find themselves removed from treatment at Cove Forge. The separation between men and women is also strictly enforced.
Cove Forge Behavioral Health Review
This option is one of the best drug rehab centers in Pennsylvania geared towards opioid treatment and dual diagnosis treatment. It offers a beautiful, scenic campus and wonderful counseling programs and energizing outdoor activities to keep residents occupied and growing. If there are concerns it is about the strictly enforced schedule and the relatively high cost of the program. This type of firm structure is best for some but not a welcome environment for others. If you are looking for an effective treatment center with top-tier staff, though, Cove Forge could be right for you.