Beit T’Shuvah is a Jewish rehab center located in Los Angeles, California. Its mission is to guide individuals and families to recover from addiction and adequately heal. The center utilizes a faith-based model and further integrates spirituality and Jewish teachings with the 12-steps, psychotherapy, and creative art in its treatment programs. T’Shuvah is a spiritual practice of repenting a sin through which the center compassionately empowers everyone who seeks the repentance.
Beit T’Shuvah: Treatments, Programs, and Staff
Beit T’Shuvah holds accreditations both by the State of California Department of Alcohol and Drug programs and the Joint Commission and operates as residential treatment, intensive outpatient, aftercare, and dual diagnosis treatment center.
The center approaches addiction as a symptom of a divided self that provides a false sense of wholeness. Through spiritual principles of Judaism, authenticity, transparency, and community, Beit T’Shuvah teaches its patients (or members as they call them) personal value, dignity, and holiness. The center respects each patient as unique and autonomous individuals, and through mentioned principles, it aims to teach them how to live well.
Through its substance abuse and addiction treatment, Beit T’Shuvah offers the following levels of care:
- The primary residential treatment program is a program in which members reside for 90 to 120 days. The program includes individual, group, and spiritual therapies and counseling, Jewish holiday services, and an introduction to 12-step support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous. Through these sessions, the center educates patients on substance abuse, relapse prevention, Jewish ethics, life skills, anger management, conflict resolution, and personal responsibility.
- Day patient treatment is an on-site treatment care which includes weekly individual counseling, daily groups, Shabbat services, and Torah study.
- Patients move to an extended residential treatment program after graduating from the first phase of the rehabilitation process. During this period, residents resume their previous accomplishments, and they contribute to the cost of care.
- Once the residents have achieved the higher level of independence, they can maintain their residence in an off-site housing through off-campus transitional living program. During the transitional living period, members facilitate their transition to regular lives by paying the rent, working, and managing their social lives while at the same time still living in a sober community.
- With alumni aftercare, Beit T’Shuvah provides resources to its members beyond graduation by organizing sober birthdays, family education, and annual alumni events.
Facilities and Extras
The main campus of Beit T’Shuvah campus is located in West Los Angeles, with the facility which accommodates 120 residents. The rooms are semi-private, each featuring a bathroom. The center has undergone a major renovation recently and has refurbished and redesigned its facility to accentuate warmth needed to recover.
The center further offers private living quarters for patients in extended care, that consist of 2 apartment locations and four homes. These sites include outdoor patios and fully-equipped kitchens.
Overall, the campus includes a sanctuary where religious services are performed, kitchen, dining room, recording studio, gym, and career center.
When it comes to extra programs, residents can participate in recording studio sessions, theater, gardening, yoga, fitness, surfing, snowboarding, and the LA Marathon as the center accentuates holistic approach in healing.
Rules and Regulations at Beit T’Shuvah
Both men and women older than 18 can seek help at Beit T’Shuvah. The center accepts Blue shield, Covered California, LA Care PASC-SEIU and Health Net insurance policies. As of rules and regulations, all patients must attend morning Torah study, daily group sessions, individual counseling, Shabbat services, Jewish holidays, outside 12-step meetings. The center assigns a house job to each resident they must oblige to on a daily level. Additionally, Beit T’Shuvah has a thrift store integrated within its campus where patients must work once a week.
By offering treatments based on spirituality of Jewish teachings, behavioral healthcare practices, and 12-step programs, Beit T’Shuvah guides its community towards a righteous path of sobriety, as its clients enjoy a warm setting of the center’s facilities in Los Angeles.