Luxury drug rehabs have the same goals as other rehabilitation facilities: to get patients clean from drugs and stable for their ongoing recovery. However, these rehab centers offer treatment in a more elegant and comfortable setting than their clinical counterparts and with a greater variety of therapies and services. Luxury rehab facilities may not be right for everyone, but for those who are suited to them, they can be the perfect path to sobriety.
Table of Contents
Luxury Rehab: What Is It?
Luxury rehab is much what the name implies: rehabilitation from addiction in a setting that is more luxurious than what one might find at a traditional center. This type of rehabilitation can be in an inpatient center or outpatient facility, but more often than not, luxury rehabs are residential. This is because residential facilities are best able to offer higher-end experiences that their patients can truly appreciate.
Luxury rehab facilities can set themselves apart from their traditional counterparts in a wide variety of ways. These include offering:
- private rooms
- memory-foam mattresses
- soft bedding
- gourmet meals
- state-of-the-art gyms
- hot tubs
- spa services
- unique and interesting settings
- one-on-one care at all hours of the day
Patients can choose to attend a general luxury center or one that is specialized. There are three types of specialized high-end rehab options. These are:
- Private facilities: A luxury rehab treatment center that takes extra steps to guard the privacy of their patients is called a private rehab. These facilities are ideal for high-profile clients such as celebrities, politicians, and CEOs, as well as anyone the media might be interested in.
- Resort facilities: This type of rehab is designed to make the patient feel like they are staying at a five-star resort rather than a clinic. While the focus on therapies and addiction treatment is still very much present, everything is done in a way that promotes relaxation and wellness.
- Executive facilities: These luxury rehabs offer both high-end amenities and services as well as the flexibility CEOs, and other executives need to meet their job commitments. In general, these facilities focus on individual therapy in full to maintain as much confidentiality as possible.
A rehabilitation center may be strictly a resort facility or just an executive rehab. However, most luxury centers will blend these three types in a way that works for them. For example, executive rehab is also private, and most private rehabs are also resort centers. Patients who can access luxury treatment will need to consider which types the best suit their needs.
What Does Luxury Rehab Include?
Luxury rehab treatment centers offer a wide variety of services and therapies. Many of these overlap with traditional centers but are offered in a more luxurious way, while others are exclusive to private, resort, and executive rehabs. In general, patients should determine which services and therapies interest them and then seek out the treatment center that offers what they want.
- Detox: With this service, the body is cleansed of the substance of abuse, getting the patient established for their treatment and recovery. Medications are often used, and luxury rehab centers may opt to include spa services that focus on detoxing as well.
- Assessment: During this stage, the patient will be screened for co-occurring disorders and other issues that will guide the creation of the treatment plan. In some cases, patients may be allowed to bring in their doctors and other experts to assist the facility in this assessment.
- Treatment Plan: Doctors and therapists in luxury drug treatment center, as well as the patient’s team when applicable, craft a customized treatment plan that addresses the needs of the patient in ways they are most likely to find appealing.
- Aftercare Planning: The staff at the facility help the patient come up with an aftercare plan that can be implemented once they are back home, including if they rotate between residences. This is often coordinated with medical professionals in the places where the patient resides.
- 12-Step Meetings: Because 12-step programs are often successful as rehab options, they are adapted by many luxury drug rehabs.
- Individual Therapy: The patient works in intensive, dedicated sessions with a therapist to help them work through underlying issues and develop the skills they need to stay clean.
- Group Therapy: Depending on how private the patient wants their luxury rehab to be, they may engage in group therapy with other residents at the facility.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, designed to help the patient recognize what their triggers are, avoid them when possible, and cope with them when they cannot.
- Contingency management therapy, which uses positive reinforcement to motivate the patient to stay sober.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy, bringing cognitive behavioral therapy together with practical methods for anticipating and preventing problematic behavior.
- Family therapy, which can include both actual family members as well as the friends and support staff the patient has at home, focusing on building a supportive community for them once out of luxury drug rehab.
- Holistic therapy, including activities such as meditation, yoga, acupuncture, massage, and animal therapy.
Luxury Rehab Facilities And Quality Of Care
Luxury rehab treatment centers are not inherently better or worse than their traditional counterparts. Some centers offer top-of-the-line care, while others hide poor treatment behind a fancy facade. Even when a high-end option is excellent, the individual patient may be better served by a more traditional setting.
With that said, there are certain patients who will best be able to get the care they need from a luxury rehabilitation center:
- Anyone who is high-profile will need a facility that is private to prevent information from being leaked to the media.
- Those who live in luxury already also tend to do better in facilities that allow them to maintain their standard of living, as a drastic change could prove triggering.
- Those with demanding jobs, such as CEOs, COOs, and CFOs, need facilities that can maintain the right level of care while giving them the flexibility and privacy they need.
These individuals are unlikely to be able to get and stay clean at a traditional facility.
Some factors a potential patient can look at when assessing a luxury drug rehab include:
- statistics on prior patient success
- the qualifications of the doctors and staff working there
- which therapies and services are offered
- if the therapies they use are backed by research
- if the facility seems to place more emphasis on luxury than health
- how experienced the center is with the particular addiction
- what the facility offers in terms of aftercare support
Ultimately, luxury rehab can offer the highest quality of care, but that is not always true. Research should be done before selecting a facility.
Luxury Rehab Cost
The cost of luxury rehab varies significantly, even more so than traditional centers. There are some affordable luxury rehabs, which offer better facilities and services than traditional centers but are not opulent enough to be considered resort level, and come in at about $5,000 to $10,000 for a month of treatment. Those rehabs with a greater privacy, on the other end of the spectrum, can cost as much as $65,000 a month. Most facilities, which include resorts and private centers, will fall somewhere in the range of $20,000 and $30,000 a month.
Insurance companies do not cover luxury rehabs. Some may allow partial coverage, but the patient will have to cover the out of pocket cost for luxury rehab, which will be the majority of what the facility charges. Patients who want high-end care must make certain they can afford it before enrolling.
How To Find Luxury Rehabs
To find a luxury rehab, potential patients or their team should look for those offering the services they want in the area that is best for them. In some cases, it may be best to outsource this to rehabilitation experts. These individuals have a network of facilities they work with and can help patients find the one that is right for them.
No matter how luxurious someone’s life is, if they have an addiction, they are suffering. Attending a rehab facility makes it possible to live their best life. With the right help, life can always get better.